Why Women Wear Boots, From A Female Perspective?

balacau

Reaction score
Most on this forum, I would expect are female, so I thought maybe this would be right right place to ask. I'm a typical male office worker, and boots are a commonly seen thing, as well as a beautiful thing in my eyes. I cringe when I see some styles of heels (specifically stilleto) and females running up and down multi-flights of stairs in them!

I'm just curious as to why women wear boots in the first place, is it for looks, for warmth (winter-time?) or for any other reason?

Thanks

Both types, ankle, calf, knee, over-the-knee and thigh highs. Any feedback will be most interesting.

i'd say looks.
cause there is no actual "need" to wear boots other than for that reason.
unless they are moonboots to keep your thighs warm :wink:

I have to admit that I'm more of a fan of chunky heel boots rather than "moon" boots as a rule.

Interesting reply :D

Any more comments?

It's a fashion thing. Especially those stiletto heels you cringe at. :smile:

I dont cringe at them for the looks, just with people running up and down stairs in them, one slip and its a long way down! Got to take good balance skills that has :wink:

I don't wear boots in summer..never.. I don't like boots that much.. I prefer open shoes, so in winter the number 1 reason is for warmth cause I dont want to freez my toes off and here in the netherlands with all the rain, get them soaked. and i go to estonia every winter theres always snow.. BUT when I buy my boots ofcourse I choose the prettiest..

i got loads of ankle boots though.
they are comfier to walk in than court shoes cause they hug the ankle :blush:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:25 am
i got loads of ankle boots though.
they are comfier to walk in than court shoes cause they hug the ankle :blush:

Leyla M:

Any particular style, stilleto heel, chunky, platform?

A long ime friend of mine over in Texas bought herself a pair of over-the-kee boots online somewhere, with a 3" heel, and they look great. Very rare to see those over here.

mostly kitten heels or 10cm heels

def NO chunky heel for me :shock:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:55 am

Ok, its time for me to ask my first dumb question on this Board, what are kitten heels?

I wear my lumberjack boots because they are extremely comfortable and they make me feel like a badass.

boots.jpg

i think it's to complete a certail *look* and it also makes us feel sexy/pretty/feminine etc

Originally posted by balacau+Mar 27th, 2004 - 9:06 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(balacau @ Mar 27th, 2004 - 9:06 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:55 am

Ok, its time for me to ask my first dumb question on this Board, what are kitten heels? [/b][/quote]
kitten heel-like a stiletto but only 1-11/2 " high...

as you like it -love the boots!

i wear almost exclusively boots or sandals...with a few pumps thrown in...

the reason is similar to as you like it...

as red riding hood might say-
'the better to kick your a**, my dear"
they provide more stability around the ankle which means you can talke long strides and be more confident...they are also damn sexy and very rock n roll... :P

Many thanks to all who answered, it has been a very enlightening thread to be sure. I dont know if there is anything else I can help with around here LoL so I'll just however around in the background unless anyone calls on me.

Many thanks again for all your feedback!

:heart: I LOVE BOOTS! :heart:
love the look.
also, I wear skirt A LOT, so during winters, boots definitely keep me warmer :P

and most of my boots are stilettoes, a few kitten heels and flats, but no chunky heels for me ever.

Originally posted by MissPurple@Mar 28th, 2004 - 5:18 am
and most of my boots are stilettoes, a few kitten heels and flats, but no chunky heels for me ever.
Scary thing that, walking on ice & snow with stilletos. Once I even had to help this woman who got her stilleto boot heel stuck in some kinda of drain cover outside my office.

It was an unusal thing for me but we managed to free her heel without breaking it hehe.

I wear boots to keep warm in winter, that's my limit. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->