Wilhelmina Cooper

Miss Dalloway

Reaction score
A fine boned beauty,whose face has always appealed to me.She just exuded grace and elegance,and since not only as a model,but an agency owner she contributed alot to the fashion industry i thought she deserves her own thread.:heart:

Dutch-born Wilhelmina Cooper, whose features adorned the covers of more than 300 magazines before she and her husband started their own model agency, says probably 80% of her female models now study acting. The Wilhelmina Agency also has an office in Los Angeles,1979.

U1971508.jpg

Credit:Corbis.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a "Hunting" Trip. London, England: Well known fashion model Wilhelmina was recently on a six day "hunting" trip in London. The objective of her "hunt" was to find fresh modelling talent in Britain for her new agency in New York. A veteran of the profession for several years, 27 year old Wilhelmina in now directing her know-how to young aspirants in the field.October 16,1967.

U1570584.jpg

Corbis

Fashion model Wilhelmina, whose face graced the covers of over 300 magazines before retiring, models a pair of black flared pants and shirt with top model Samantha Jones, wearing a leopard skin dress,1969.

BE022918.jpg

Credit:Corbis

American Vogue April 1st 1965.
Wilhelmina photographed by Irving Penn.

whilemina.jpg

Credit:Scanned by TFS moderator Iluvjeisa,thanks alot to her. :heart:

From American Vogue March 1st 1966 Wilhelmina photographed by Irving Penn.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

Credit:Thanks to Iljuveisa for scanning.

Supermodel Wilhelmina covered in snow, wears natural Russian Crown Sable jacket with separate hood by Reis and Fabrizio and Samuel Robert leather pants,1962.

CN00030494.jpg

Corbis

American Vogue January 1st,1963.
Wilhelmina by Irving Penn.

UsVogueJanuary1963Penn.jpg

Credit:Paperpursuits.

American Vogue August 15,1963.

UsVogue1963.jpg

Credit:PaperPursuits

American Vogue August 1st,1963.
Wilhelimna by Irving Penn.

UsVogueAugust1963Penn.jpg

Credit:PaperPursuits.

American Vogue September 1st,1964.
Wilhelmina photographed by David Bailey.

UsVogueSept1964Penn-1.jpg

American Vogue October 1st,1964.

UsVogue2Oct1964Penn.jpg

^^Um yes..of course she was one of the Supermodels of her era.And there are more i just dont have them.And she was in total on more than 300 fashion covers.

i know...but still a little but excessive to put her 9 times on the cover in 2 years

i know...but still a little but excessive to put her 9 times on the cover in 2 years

Ah true,but those were different times.Someone like Lauren Hutton or Brooke Shields(later on)could be three months in a row on the cover of Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momosdiary
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->