working with exotic skins

jun3machina

Reaction score
hi there
im trying to figure out the techniques associated with working with exotic skins, mainly python. i just bought a skin and do handbag design, but im thinking that it need to be backed with leather or something to stabalize it and make it strong. has anyone worked with exotic skins? or does anyone own any bags made out of them that they could describe for me? thanks!

Hi jun3machina and welcome to tFS.

You could try to PM Luna she designs handbags..maybe she has some ideas for you :flower:

yah, i did that already but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. i live in the handbag forum...:smile:

i dont work with bags, but i'm sure you need to use some leather as a lining under soft exotic skins :wink:

oria is someone else who could help you out in this, she's working with leather
she may drop by anytime soon

no one seems to know...hmmmm i'd think it would have to be a lightweight leather or buckskin or something strong, but supple....hmmmmm

i am not sure if you are still around but whenever you are working with skin like python you will need to always attach it to something harder, unless your bag design calls for say a suede lining etc. you can use cow, pig etc. but it all depends on your design.

tell me more if you have not already figured this out. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->