World’s Most Successful Model Agent Calls Brit Models 'Sh*t'

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Naomi Campbell's former agent calls British models 'sh*t' and reveals the secrets behind 30 years of supermodel management in memoir

Carol White dismisses the English models, the new girls like Kendall Jenner and opens up about the dramas behind working with high-in-demand fashion

Linda Sharkey

The world’s most successful model agent, Carol White has called the British models “sh*t”, Kendall Jenner not a real model and revealed the £10,000-a-day fee of her supermodels.
The 64-year-old founder of London-based agency Premier Model Management looked after the elite of supermodels in the nineties, including Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford and Claudia Schiffer.
She has now revealed the glories, dramas and excesses behind working with supermodels in her book Have I Said Too Much? My Life in and out of the Model Agency. But while promoting her book, she told Sunday Times’ magazine that although most of the talent she’s managed come from England the “British are sh*t”.
She explained that the Russian invasion changed the fashion industry because “their work ethic is amazing”, unlike the British, apparently.
“Even if they’re from a poor background, British girls have everything,” she said, whereas the girls from Russia and Siberia were “very driven”.
White revealed she had to find many reasons to convince a British girl to leave home and become a model with “you can see the world, make money, learn another language, you can end up living in New York or Paris” or even more surprising “you might get to sleep with Leonardo DiCaprio”.
According to her, British models are likely to be overtaken by the international girls. “We’re not as fit [as the Russians] she told Style.
But White was equally dismissive with the new generation of models, just like Naomi Campbell is.
She called the Kardashians’ sister and up-and-coming model Kendall Jenner “short” (even though she is 5ft 8in – almost the same as Evangelista) and assures that girls like her “don’t look like models”.
“They’re starting to use them because they’ve got exposure.”

Because of this, White thinks that the models fee will never be as high as it was in the supermodel era, when models “wouldn’t get out of bed for less than £10,000”. “I would hold my nose and pick a fee.”
But if that amount sounds staggering, wait until you learn how much the likes of Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss and Christy Turlington, got paid for that Vauxhall Corsa ad of 1992. “I think it was 300 grand [each],” she told Style. (independent.co.uk)

Thanks for the interesting article. I'm a big fan of Carol White, especially after that documentary she made about her business which I thought was very interesting and insightful. I'm definitely going to have a look at her book because if it sounds anything like this then I think it's going to be fantastic and her comment about Kendull I agree with 100%.

Thanks for the interesting article. I'm a big fan of Carol White, especially after that documentary she made about her business which I thought was very interesting and insightful. I'm definitely going to have a look at her book because if it sounds anything like this then I think it's going to be fantastic and her comment about Kendull I agree with 100%.

I really enjoyed that program too. Was it a documentary, or reality tv? Anyway, interesting article. I love this type of inside scoop.

Russian girl's work ethics is not "amazing", they're basically.. slaves. They're getting exploited because of their extremely poor background.

Praise her and Naomi for her comment about Kendall. It's good to know that there are professionals in this industry who still believe in gaining success the traditional way-being a good model and not relying on nepotism or social media.

Russian girl's work ethics is not "amazing", they're basically.. slaves. They're getting exploited because of their extremely poor background.

Exactly. I mean I'm not criticising the models, the industry people really make some people work for it, that's not admirable. I'm British myself and I do admit that work ethic here or 'level of sh*t I will take' is generally not on a par with people from other parts of the world, but it's not the romantic thing she's making it out to be. Her 'sleep with Dicaprio' comment was hilarious though.

I've been reading her interviews all over the papers and to be honest I cannot understand half of what she's trying to say. She's seems to suffer for the good old problem of fashion people called incoherence. The work ethic of the "supermodels" was more than s*** according to the stories she tells and she seems to think everything they did was interesting. It wasn't, their behaviour at work was actually appalling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Praise her and Naomi for her comment about Kendall. It's good to know that there are professionals in this industry who still believe in gaining success the traditional way-being a good model and not relying on nepotism or social media.

Unfortunately, without Reality TV and social media the likes of Kylie and Kendell wouldn't be modeling and getting mega bucks for it. Well, the latter might. She's a NATURAL beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->