Worst Makeup Mistakes!

Originally posted by As You Like It@Jan 19th, 2004 - 6:56 pm
ganguro silver eyeshadow in the office
HAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol:

Am I the only one who got the ganguro reference?

I love it!

:rofl:

Okey...

ppl who pluck there eyebrows to thin lines and then fill them with one long line.. overplucking.. and uni-brow are simple NO-NO-NO.s!!!!!! it is simply amazing how you can destroy your face buy plocking your eyebrows (or not plucking them).

white mascara. i've only seen this once and that was on a classmate a few years ago but it left me with beuty nightmares for a long time. It looked like she had been out in a winter storm and hair eyelashes had snow/frost on them. :sick:

tanning... especially if you are really tanned and have extremly blonde hair.. too much barbie.

the avril lavigne eyes on 13-15 year olds. They have black eyeliner around the eye which gives them pigs eyes. GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

clumpy mascara

ppl who try to cover up their spots but because of the product/color you see it very clear and they look even more spotty. Have good light when you put on make up!!!

clumpy mascara is kind of cute sometimes when i see it on asian girls with little eyelashes like in the japanese mags. they were little or no eyeliner, just pale eyeshadow and mascara and their eyelashes are super curled.

For me it has to be the over plucked eye brows.

I honestly can´t understand how someone can overpluck and not notice, the toothpick line makes the face horrid and it´s not something that grows fast....

:yuk: example called "never - do - that" :yuk:

bday21_02.jpg

austourpress_01.jpg

ushervmaparty_01.jpg

As You Like It said:
Sky-blue eyeshadow. I don't care who you are, how old you are, or what color your eyes are, sky blue eyeshadow is unatttractive.

Fake-and-bake. Tanning beds are so over.

Crispy-perm hair.

Beige lipstick--the kind that looks like the person grabbed her concealer instead of her lipstick.

Strong fake-fruity perfume on anyone older than 17.

Makeup inappropriate to the setting. Id est: ganguro silver eyeshadow in the office, Republican Candidate's Wife Paint at the nightclub.

Beauty Pageant Hair.

I agree with the beige lipstick!! I see a lot of overly-tanned girls with beige matte lipstick! It just looks wrong! And overly frosty lipstick! I don't like frosty lips although very very few people can pull it off.

Hmm, I agree with most of the examples on this list. I just want to add...eyeliner without any mascara. I don't know if it looks this bad on everyone--maybe it can look great--but this girl in one of my classes has kind of an odd face, but she would look soooo much prettier if she added mascara on top of her liner. As is, she has liner on the top and bottom with nothing else and her eyes look so buggy and weird.

Also, the best way I've seen blue eyeshadow used is by a friend whose style can best be described as an eighties pirate look. Don't ask, but it's very her....and I like it. Anyway, her eyeshadow is sometimes this blue color that ends up looking very ironic and actually cool. I wouldn't recommend the particular look to anyone else even though I like it on her, but I'm sure there are other uses for blue eyeshadow.

southerncutie said:
Hehe- the girls at my school (only some) are funny, and my old school too! Blue eyeshadow with bronze glitter and red lipgloss, eight coats of mascara or until spider lashes and thin brows, with heavy blush and pin straight hair. Oh wait I forgot, the eyeliner, either blue glitter or black and lots of it. :sick: :sick:

oh geeze...the blue shadow

i was at the mall when this group of girls around my age came out of forever 21:sick: with frosty blue shadow and red lipstick. my friend turned to me and said really loudly, "When will people figure out that uneven blue eyeshadow makes you look like a hooker?"

- Gel overload. Girls here scrunch and scrunch and scrunch their hair with gel until it doesn't move. At all.
- Once again, the coverup that is 359735939 shades darker then their skin color.
- Bright pink lipgloss from whatever cheap store that seperates so within 10 minutes they have spots of pink lipgloss instead of . . what they had before
- Bright blue eyeshadow with black mascara-ed to the max eyelashes with bright blue mascara-ed tips. Add the blue bulky sweater, and you have THE look. -rolls eyes-

Most girls here are starting to go natural . . with the basic mascara and a touch of eyeliner for the eyes. The only problem really, is the coverup that's 359735939 shades darker.

Oh. One more. And when girls overpluck their eyebrows, and then they have eyebrow stubble. Unfortunatly, my friend does this.

I've seen girls who outline their lips with a brownish lip liner and fill the middle of their lips in with very very light nude lipstick. :sick:

My friends wife has awful make-up mistakes.

She buys great make up chanel and guerlain but she applies it so badly it's sometimes hard to look at her :shock:

She will wear a very very very pale lipshade and line around her lips with BLACK which is bad enough as it is, and also her skin ick, she is so pale but wear so much dark foundation you could actually chip it off her face, it makes me sad, she could be very good looking with the right make-up, but she just looks down right awful.

I have total respect for people who can get away with wearing no make-up and still looking good, the biggest make up mistake i could make would be to wear NONE! I can't leave the house without something on, i think my make ups pretty good really :smile: .

I really don't like dark eyes, dark lips together
I also can't help it. I hate Nude lips. Nude Lipstick yuck, or like pale pale pink..
I think Christian looks good in the 3rd picture you posted addicted, red lipstick works well..

I work at a clothes store at the mall and go to an extremly hurt school so here's what just makes me insane..

orange tans.
stick straight all-one-length hair that sticks to the side of little 14-year-olds faces. hot.
eyeliner:
-circled around and around and around eyes. you look dead.
-used to draw on eyelashes. eek.
-in shades of white
-used on black eyebrows. eyeliner melts, nothing says oh baby like dripping black eyebrows
-USED TO MAKE LITTLE X'S IN THE CORNERS OF EYES, TO LINE LIPS, OR DRAWN IN LINES DOWN CHEEKS aka the gothic look aka f*cking disgusting.
-fake orange brassy blond hair with black roots : please do not bleach your hair yourself, and learn to accept that we're not all blondes

and so much more.. stores should start refusing to sell make-up to some people (i.e. 12-14 year old girls)

strawberry daiquiri said:
That Avril Lavignesque eyeliner look of circling the eyes again and again and again until they are no longer visible without a telescope.
:lol: :lol:

golden butterfly, that makeup is hilarious!

my crappy contribution to this:
theron_oscar_030104_big.jpg

too much lip gloss. it looks sticky and like you're drooling all over. same to glitter. :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->