W's Top 10 For Fall 2003

xopher215

Reaction score
W's Top 10 for Fall, Bridget Foley

Vogue's Top 10 for Fall, Sally Singer

Style broke it up into Europe and New York, but I'll give a nod to Sarah Mower anyway who seems to finally be stabilizing on those meds.

I suppose were I forced to choose with whose choices I agreed more between Bridget and Sally, I'd go with Bridget. Although it truly was a moment of frenetic joy sparked by Sally's inclusion of Hussein Chalayan. To me in particular, it hardly signals any "artificial" direction for him, but rather a silly trophy bauble appreciation wink which is exactly how I called that collection from the start. It was still exploratory for him and I want a plaidish wool coat for me! :unsure: :o :woot: :innocent:

I would prefer bridget, but with hussein instead of helmut lang ornarciso rodriguez B)

I much prefer the W list, but still, i would :innocent: replace
Balenciaga with Rochas
Dior with DriesVanNoten
YSL with Lanvin
Viktor&Rolf with Marni.
:innocent:

The problem with the Vogue list is that it was posted far too fast, the :wacko: shows need some time to reflect and re-wind in order to decide on the top 10.

I liekd the vogue list mroe . mainly cuas of Junya Watanabe,Rochas and Hussien Chalyan.

:bunny: :magic:

:blink: The direction of Junya's collection surprised me. Another new and different "very pretty" for him. In retrospect though, sad it banished color I think. Stunning silhouettes as usual, and some of those suits :angel: .
Really loved the show styling as usual.
B) Thanks for posting and welcome. :flower:

... definitely :heart: Chalayan, and Bridg could give up V&R to Rochas. Though still (again :blush: ) great shows, both...

Originally posted by Lena@ earlier
the  :wacko: shows need some time to reflect and re-wind in order to decide on the top 10.
Lèna, great point and too true for that Vogue list! I mean, Mark Jacobs? :wub: him but this past shows didn't earn him that spot. Definitely Dries there given a choice of the two not to mention many others. Sally should've thought longer, especially on that one in my opinion.

Originally posted by xopher215@Apr 20th, 2003 - 10:26 am
! I mean, Mark Jacobs? :wub: him but this past shows didn't earn him that spot. Definitely Dries there given a choice of the two not to mention many others.
exactly xopher :wink: like Lanvin right?
I mean ysl???
pleaaaase, why??? have a better look at this collection people, before you include this at the top10 silly woman :angry:

:blush: welcome to TFS Spacemiu :flower:

I prefer the W list, although Prada, while nice, was not particularly thrilling to me.

I'm going with the W list as well. It's clean and bright. Very intelligent looks. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->