W's Top 10 For Fall 2003

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by xopher215, Apr 18, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. xopher215

xopher215 New Member

W's Top 10 for Fall, Bridget Foley

Vogue's Top 10 for Fall, Sally Singer

Style broke it up into Europe and New York, but I'll give a nod to Sarah Mower anyway who seems to finally be stabilizing on those meds.

I suppose were I forced to choose with whose choices I agreed more between Bridget and Sally, I'd go with Bridget. Although it truly was a moment of frenetic joy sparked by Sally's inclusion of Hussein Chalayan. To me in particular, it hardly signals any "artificial" direction for him, but rather a silly trophy bauble appreciation wink which is exactly how I called that collection from the start. It was still exploratory for him and I want a plaidish wool coat for me! :unsure: :eek: :woot: :innocent:

2. Poison

Poison New Member

I would prefer bridget, but with hussein instead of helmut lang ornarciso rodriguez B)

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

I much prefer the W list, but still, i would :innocent: replace
    Balenciaga with Rochas
    Dior with DriesVanNoten
    YSL with Lanvin
    Viktor&Rolf with Marni.
    :innocent:

The problem with the Vogue list is that it was posted far too fast, the :wacko: shows need some time to reflect and re-wind in order to decide on the top 10.

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I liekd the vogue list mroe . mainly cuas of Junya Watanabe,Rochas and Hussien Chalyan.

5. xopher215

xopher215 New Member

:bunny: :magic:

:blink: The direction of Junya's collection surprised me. Another new and different "very pretty" for him. In retrospect though, sad it banished color I think. Stunning silhouettes as usual, and some of those suits :angel: .
    Really loved the show styling as usual.
    B) Thanks for posting and welcome. :flower:

... definitely :heart: Chalayan, and Bridg could give up V&R to Rochas. Though still (again :blush: ) great shows, both...

Lèna, great point and too true for that Vogue list! I mean, Mark Jacobs? :wub: him but this past shows didn't earn him that spot. Definitely Dries there given a choice of the two not to mention many others. Sally should've thought longer, especially on that one in my opinion.

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

exactly xopher ;) like Lanvin right?
    I mean ysl???
    pleaaaase, why??? have a better look at this collection people, before you include this at the top10 silly woman :angry:

:blush: welcome to TFS Spacemiu :flower:

7. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I prefer the W list, although Prada, while nice, was not particularly thrilling to me.

8. tealady

tealady New Member

I'm going with the W list as well. It's clean and bright. Very intelligent looks. Love it!