WSJ Magazine February 2020 : Selena Gomez by Lachlan Bailey

I am not feeling this Selena era. It feels desperate

Unimpressive cover trying to pander to this magazine's aesthetic which should be applauded. But as with most things in life, one size does not fit all.

Rachel Bilson looks great here.

LOL!

Selena Gomez is the Jennifer Aniston of her generation in terms of the way magazines depict her. And I can appreciate the beachy and tanned Aniston perpetually shot in black or white evening dresses against a blue sky because that image aligns with her personality. You won't see her in grungey get up and she doesn't read Dostoyevsky. With Selena it seems as if it's all smoke and mirrors. She may not be as cutesy, adorable and girl-next-door as she'd like all of us to believe.

Along with Marie Claire by Kai Z Feng and Vogue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, this is undoubtably the best Selena Gomez has looked on a magazine cover. You can always rely on WSJ, Lachlan Bailey and George Cortina.

That is quite a gorgeous cover. Rarely has she looked that good.

She's unrecognizable here. The make-up looks quite tasteful and natural for once, at least from what I can see.

From a distance this looks like Anouk Lepere. I like the warmth of the first shot otherwise the posing in this edit looks super forced and contrived.

^^^ The cover is lovely exactly for the reason that it bears absolutely no resemblance to her.

The remainder of the shoot does look extremely forced and stiff, and forgettable for how repetitive the poses are. But I never expectedly anything more of her. Just more disappointed in George and Lachlan.

(@Benn, She’s more like Jessica Simpsons than Jennifer Aniston. As much as I’m not too fond of Jennifer, she does at least doesn’t come off so contrived.)

THE BALLAD OF SELENA GOMEZ
Photographer:
Lachlan Bailey
Stylist: George Cortina
Hair: Bob Recine
Make-Up: Kanako Takase
Model/Celebrity: Selena Gomez

WSJ Magazine Digital Edition

ROMANTIC NOTIONS
Photographer:
Josh Olins
Stylist: Ludivine Poiblanc
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Models: Abby Champion, Hannah Motler & Felice Nova Noordhoff

Last edited by a moderator:
BLUE STREAK
Photographer:
Ben Weller
Stylist: Laura Stoloff
Hair: Kei Terada
Make-Up: Siddhartha Simone
Model: Carolina Burgin

ROMANTIC NOTIONS
Photographer:
Josh Olins
Stylist: Ludivine Poiblanc
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Models: Abby Champion & Felice Noordhoff
Thank you for the photos, @Zorka
But the first model is Hannah Motler, not Abby Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->