WSJ Magazine 'The Talents & Legends Issue' 2019 : Claire Foy & Lucas Hedges by Alasdair McLellan

No no no.

Lazy concept. This cover doesn’t do her beauty any justice

I love the capture but she can look 100% better than this.

I like it, specially because she looks like she does IRL... like they upped her candid look.

LOVE that jumper, can anyone ID?
The cover as a whole is passable, not impressive nor atrocious. Which is pretty much how I regard Claire Foy's public image.

No @ the make-up. I don't mind the concept because I love me some NYC-based editorial, but there has got to be a better shot than this.As for Claire herself? I'm still not interested in her.

I quite like it to be honest! Anything is better than her Vogue cover and I love the styling. Does anyone think there will be more covers? Not quite sure I'd describe Claire as a legend just yet...

XOEo5tyl.jpg

vogue.co.uk

lazy concept indeed. British VOGUE September 1992 much? Claire's tiny shrinking head engulfed by bulbous sweater with clumsily applied make-up. Who thought this was a good idea? Let alone a suitable, cover-worthy image?

The consistently, poorly executed covers and basic understanding of graphic design at major titles is baffling to me. Especially in the digital age when we have more design resources at our fingertips than at any other time in human history. So much of what I see today in magazines simply look like afterthoughts, simply going through the motions. In this instance, there's zero thoughtful design.

With Linda's cover every detail was taken into account. The greaser working class reference with metal ID bracelet, chunky chain choker, the tattoo peeking out from her work glove cut out, the popped up collar, down to the angular pose and lines created by Linda's arms.

^ It also reminds me of Tatjana Patitz's US Vogue Aug 1989 cover

The talent issue with her on the cover? Ha, so overrated. She looks dreadful here.

Lucas!! :heart:
Don't know about the hairstyle and the eternally stern expression, but the I like the jumper.

Lucas!! :heart:
Don't know about the hairstyle and the eternally stern expression, but the I like the jumper.

For some reason you keep liking clothing items from this season’s most critically panned collections (first the Calvin Klein look worn by Claire and then this LV by Virgil on Lucas) :lol:. Not gonna lie, I also like the sweater :kiss:

For some reason you keep liking clothing items from this season’s most critically panned collections (first the Calvin Klein look worn by Claire and then this LV by Virgil on Lucas) :lol:. Not gonna lie, I also like the sweater :kiss:

Ugh, no!! In my defense I barely glanced at CK's last few collections, and didn't look at LV by Virgil at all.

Just thought about it now, since I liked these pieces without knowing who made them, does it mean that deep down........
Actually, no. Let's not even go there! Ugly jumpers!!! :lol:

I don't read WSJ, so I didn't know their audience can be so whiny and petty. Comments such as 'She's got a potty mouth' to 'Why does she speak like a Valley Girl?'......about Lucas they complained that the 'sweaters' are ugly, and that he doesn't sound like a nice guy.

What they didn't pick up from Lucas' article was that the writer almost worked overtime to pit him against Timothee Chalamet to the extent that he enlisted Julia Roberts to subtle shade Chalamet by saying 'I don't know if the floppy hair is in the cards for him, but everything else is.' :lol:

The Beautiful Regularness of Lucas Hedges

Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Francesca Burns
Cast: Lucas Hedges

Claire Foy Steps into the Spotlight

Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Francesca Burns
Cast: Claire Foy

WSJ.com

I love that first shot of Claire’s! Her face may not be prominently featured, but I think they should’ve gone with that image for her cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->