WWD Top 10 F/W 09.10 Collections

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
source | wwd.com

1. Burberry Prorsum
Christopher Bailey celebrated British icons Vanessa Bell and Virginia Woolf with a lineup that was wistful, wearable and packed with charm.

Chanel
Karl Lagerfeld delivered dandified house classics worked to the hilt with frills, ruffles and pleats.

Christian Dior
John Galliano infused Dior's oh-so-Parisian chic with an air of oriental exotica and a touch of the flapper.

4. Comme des Garçons
Nobody intrigues quite like Rei Kawakubo, who charmed and provoked with a balance of military muscle and dreamy tulle.

Lanvin
Alber Elbaz worked his remarkable construction with a forties bent.

Louis Vuitton
Marc Jacobs celebrated the French coquette, all sexy, sassy, frilled and flirtatious.

Marc Jacobs
The designer delivered an over-the-top ode to New York eighties.

8. Marni
Consuelo Castiglioni played feisty mix master with artful control and some fabulous jewelry.

9. Prada
Miuccia Prada's daring blend of rough and refined featured thigh-high waders and a lot of attitude.

10. Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren's mesmerizing blend of tony tweeds and lush embroideries looked worthy of a Degas painting.

dior, chanel? not so much.

not the best season for either and neither house really provided any direction, i'd nix those two and add balenciaga and rodarte....

00080m.jpg

style.com

00220m.jpg

style.com

id rather have galliano's line before Dior
Chanel was not my fav at all
Alexander Mcqueen not on this list?

Is this list in alphabetical order? otherwise for much I loved the Burberry Collection, its kind of nonsense to call it as the best collection of the season.

i thought most of these were the worst collections of F/W 09.10

so what were the worst 10 collection of the season ?
?? anyone :D
i think finding the worst collection is more fun than the best.

Ralph Lauren? What the heck?!

Where is Nina Ricci?! And Givenchy? They deserve to be there. And as much as I love Marc Jacobs - what he presented for his namesake or for Vuitton was particularly "top", if you know what I mean. Interesting, yes. But 'top'...really? :innocent:

What was WWD thinking? I guess these lists always feature the most established houses anyways, regardless of how strong the collection was. Def would nix Marc, Ralph Lauren for something like Dries or even Chloe.

shocking to see Dior and Burberry!
Marni and RL were not that special...
Not the best choices in my opinion...

WWD, what are u doin or thinking??
Are they paying to get on the list???????
Chanel?? Burberry ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->