Yeezy F/W 2020.21 Paris

Little Nori is too adorable, but Kanye, sweetie...
It's like he's trying to be Rick Owens 2.0 or something, it's so ugly and pointless. And that cult-like service he threw the other day... I just don't get him. Production of these clothes should be considered crime against the environment because it's reckless production of... whatever it is fashion industry does that hurts the nature! Yuck.

*Also, North's boots are child abuse. Why'd they make her wear that?! It's so ugly.

Not convinced this isn't all some absurd performance art. I know Kanye is a unique person and all, but surely he can't be delusional enough to think this is interesting or good? "Vision" aside, the construction is laughably horrendous. Like, first-week-elimination-on-project-runway bad. I just refuse to believe this is meant to be taken seriously.

Kanye has been involved in the industry for more than a decade now... I remember seeing him at shows with his girlfriend around 2006, looking very chic and i loved that. I loved that a rapper actually liked fashion enough to attend several shows and there was a curiosity about him. I loved his music and I also love his love for fashion that was genuine.

Unlike Pharrell who liked the hype and already chased a collaboration (Sunglasses and jewelry), Kanye just attended shows for like 3 years, doing men’s and women’s FW...

Unfortunately, things got to his head. The disasters of 2012, the lackluster Helmut Lang copies for Yeezy....Along the way, he became more popular and while his taste in girlfriends did not matched the expectations of the fashion industry, the power of his current couple became more important than the industry.

And now, this collection! What is the FW to Kanye now? Groupies who can’t fight his power. The Sunday Service that was so open in the US, became the most elitist thing ever in Paris. And what is this collection? Kanye laughing at the fashion industry because like Hedi, they aren’t strong and brave enough to call out this mess.

but surely he can't be delusional enough to think this is interesting or good?

The man is currently hosting some "religious services" associating with some scammer preacher and thinks of himself as some religious authority. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe him, but unfortunately he's surrounded by enablers and until there'll be people to eat that crap up, the delusion will keep on growing

I actually sympathize with Kanye - I like his music, I like his sunday service shenanigans and I like that he cares about fashion.
What bothers me here is having a 6 year old child "performing" at this show. First of all, made the whole thing about North and to the point that no one even talks about the collection. Was that the point?
And then, just imagine the pressure put in that kid from her outfit, to her hairstyle to being out in public singing? Idk, I find this quite intriguing to be honest.

The industry is shot, we need a full palette cleansing from every level starting with every single editor first. They’re sheep that follow instagram likes instead of their heads that should be knowledgable enough to block such sh*t.

I’m seriously ready for the blowback that will happen when things change from where they are now and everyone involved in allowing it fall from grace.

The industry is shot, we need a full palette cleansing from every level starting with every single editor first. They’re sheep that follow instagram likes instead of their heads that should be knowledgable enough to block such sh*t.

I’m seriously ready for the blowback that will happen when things change from where they are now and everyone involved in allowing it fall from grace.
Oh and his kid seems like a giant brat that’s going to end out as bad as her father and mother.

^^^ Yes.

However, the pieces don’t look finished; the looks don’t look fully styled; I get the impression some models didn’t show up; and the collection looks like it’s only half-completed… (just like Jesus Is King…) It’s the reason he shoved his daughter in the show: When in doubt, hustle your cute kid to distract from a lacklustre offering of basics (the good old reliable gimmick to the rescue). More than celebrity designers, I loathe celebrity kidz inserted into that equation.

HIs Season 3 remains that brand of multi-media spectacle that not only succeeded in delivering an event that was memorably all his— but also a solid collection of designs that was proving to be very recognizably his alone. Of course, the event was helped by the appearance of Naomi, and especially Veronica to lend some HF creds. And it’s this show and collection that lend him a credibility as a HF brand. Too bad he squandered that momentum from then on afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->