Yigal Azrouel F/W 09.10 New York

beautiful, im surprised, didnt now this designer ^^

this looks like the bastard child of givenchy and balmain ...

I am quite in love. I kept reading about this collection on my Google Reader, on all the blogs, before I actually logged in to TFS to look at the collections shown today. It's truly lovely. It's obvious that the bigger names that were huge successes in the previous seasons influenced him a lot, but I can't help but loving each look. My only tiny problem with the line is the cut of most of the pants. The bottoms look like they're somewhere in the middle of a cigarette and a bootcut, but it's so awkward around the ankle, it's too big and too small, depending on what he was going for. I could be talking nonsense, I just came home from work and I am exhausted, but I was really confused by the choice of cut in the pants.

I was just reading the Cut and I thought this was appropriate to post...

Breaking: Yigal Azrouël Fires People's Revolution [Updated]

2/13/09 at 10:13 PM

Only 24 hours in, and we've got some drama. It seems that Yigal has parted ways with People's Revolution and Kelly Cutrone. From the inbox:
New York City, NY, Friday, February 13, 2009 - Yigal Azrouël Fires People's Revolution Following the showing of his Fall Winter 2009 Collection, Yigal Azrouël has decided to fire front-of-house PR Company, People's Revolution, for mismanagement.
Having worked together for one year, the designer decided to part ways after feeling poorly represented at his Women's Fall 2009 fashion show which took place on Friday, February 13th at 11am in the Promenade at Bryant Park. With only two days until Azrouël's Fall 2009 Menswear presentation, which will take place in his meatpacking district store on Monday, February 16th from 3pm - 5pm, the company has decided to handle the PR internally.
Oh boy. We're awaiting a statement from Cutrone; more to follow shortly.
Update: Cutrone sends us her response.
It is true People’s Revolution has represented Yigal Azrouel for the past year. It is also true that as a result of our combined efforts during this time, Yigal Azrouel’s star has risen significantly. In fact this season he received a GQ nomination, the Mercedes Benz presents award, and had one of the best shows in career. This comes down to a guest in the front row whom the Yigal team was clearly upset about despite our explanations. If we are all going to pull ghosts out of the closet on Friday the 13th. It is going to be one spooky haunted city.
So: Who was the guest? Ashley Dupré, we presume. We hear that Cutrone invited Dupré to another show, but Dupré showed up at Yigal anyhow.

I was just reading the Cut and I thought this was appropriate to post...

Oh my god this is the DEFINITION of PR
Any publicity is good publicity!
I wouldn't be surprised if this was worked out before hand between PR people, perhaps they had already known they would no longer be workin with Yigal anymore or something but this stinks of a publicity stunt! Though that's not to say Yigal himself had anything to do with it, I know from working in in house PR that designers are SO temperemental about whether or not they want any "celebrities" front row, let alone which particular celebrities they approve of!

wow am i suprised to say that but i like it - this white sleveless dress ( also come in black ) is really nice and love the details. Plus it simplier collections than his usuall work which work for me.

tFS has some coverage on the Home Page ... here ... on the show.

i normally really like yigal's work but i'm sad to say this doesn't do it for me..

The editors are buzzing over this collection...I mean it's good, but, buzz worthy?

I love the dress on Iekeliene that looks like sofa upholstery. Trim a little off the bottom to show some leg and it would be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"