Yohji Yamamoto S/S 11 Paris

Back to basics. I just think it would be interesting if he used darker models from time to time

Last edited by a moderator:
What in the world does people regard as flattering? Loose is not unflattering.. And at any rate, I doubt that Yohji's or his costumers are driven by those concepts..

those shoes are really horrible. i don't like anything :(

L.A. Fashion Week

Ignorance of fashion design at its best. Ah, youth.

Anyway, I agree, Mulletproof. Avant-garde design is beyond some people's limitations. The pieces only have to speak for themselves. Draping, silhouette, color, and a rare sense of humor in the industry. This is simply a master class from Yohji Yamamoto. Unparalleled.

Heartbreakingly beautiful...so romantic...sweep us off our feet Yohji. :blush:
Finally, something in Paris that makes me excited enough to come out of lurking

I like how he's delving into more...sounds ridiculous but there you are-- flirtatious and feminine silhouettes in recent years while still maintaining the decidedly stark and avant-garde poetry that is Yohji.

The prints, the colors, the draping, the dresses, the romanticism!
And by the way, supremely flattering...

Merci Mullet! :flower:

If you don't like the man don't go insulting it just move on to another thread....

I really love the collection! Personally I would never choose to wear his runway pieces but you can easily take inspiration from Yohji :heart:

I have never noticed YY much before :ninja: but the dresses are so beautiful that it hurts

If you don't like the man don't go insulting it just move on to another thread....

I really love the collection! Personally I would never choose to wear his runway pieces but you can easily take inspiration from Yohji :heart:

Don't worry, most of the posters here are hit and run and aren't exactly interested in dialogue :P

Yohji is one of the very few designers able to elicit some kind of deep emotional reaction, personally. A reaction that I only feel when appreciating great art or reading great literature.

It is achingly beautiful indeed :heart: I can't put into words how magnificent this is. Yohji's at his best

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coutureitgirlxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->