Yohji Yamamoto

there is a kind of road movie titled "umihiko yamahiko maihiko". a dance road film around indonesia for 45 days.
he says the wonderful thing during the travel was "I had been doing lots of act like these there, but I had never been scolded, had never been stopped."

chacott-jp

^ amazing. I've been watching a lot of his videos, it's kind of relaxing.. he comes across as funny but a little intimidating in interviews.. like Yohji. Would be nice to have them exchange thoughts in some publication as they conceive the purpose and impact of what they do in a similar vein.. exploring human necessities and trying to be as close to its roots, as opposed to being isolated thinking what they're doing is an extraordinary craft... its essence couldn't be further from that.

no object can exist without place. if that is a basic rule of our universe, if things are at the same time, indivisibly, things-in-the-world, that world may be no exception. there has to be some place like truly infinite openness engulfing the world. some immensity which the finite thing called the world is put in. that place is exactly what certain zen viewpoint would call nothingness. and that's when, in a way, it is possible to say that there is nature in our heart (or consciousness or unconsciousness), instead of the other way round.
his dance could be seen as an expression of this kind of awareness.
and yohji implies something similar when he says what he attempts to express ultimately is to express nothing.

^^big concepts...

the other day - maybe it was yesterday...
time is very strange since nov 9 2017...

the other day-
i was looking through my face book and i got a start...
there was this lovely, friendly face smiling and saying--
"Hello!- Nice to meet you~"

it was YOHJI!!!
:clap:...

they posted it on Instagram and he was talking right to the camera...
i was so startled...
i watched it again and again...
i can actually imagine what it would be like to meet yohji now...

until now i had trid to imagine it but in my mind it was always a disaster cause he would be quiet and shy and i would not be able to speak because i would be starstruck...

but now i know exactly what to say...
"Hello! Nice to meet you~"

^_^...

:heart:

another min tanaka related material if anyone is interested

boundbaw

nagato iwasaki × yohji yamamoto
from Biennale di Firenze, New Persona / New Universe at Stazione Leopolda, september 1996 (as a networker among art, science, photography, design, fashion and music)

my scans

some more installation views and iwasaki's own work

magnumphotos
nagato-iwasaki
gearsfactory

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back