Yohji Yamamoto

oh this will be much more up my cinematic alley. citing wim wenders who i know is one of yohji's personal heroes(along with gainsbourg,delightfully)....so say no more.

i agree with him about ego and i'm not sure if he was referencing tom specifically,but you'd have to surmise that he was since tom is one of the only designer filmmakers. anyway,unfortunately it was because of he that i couldn't seem to get into 'a single man'.....it was terribly contriving to have sit through that.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Have you ever experienced after starting to watch a movie that because of the ugly costumes, you cannot keep on watching? Have you ever experienced that? I have a lot.

yes, i have experienced that, a lot, as well...

from fashionjp

from left: jean-pierre blanc, terry jones, jules wright, marc ascoli, alan bilzerian, yohji, pascale mussard, olivier saillard, paolo roversi

baby yohji...!!!
:clap:

thank you runner!!!
:heart::heart::heart:

:kiss:

you are welcome softgrey

yohji singing and playing somehow at bunka where you are supposed to be learning how to make clothes
( if you are interested in his guitar, check the video for the Y's show in beijing. the music is his play )

my snapshot of the screen

S/S 1983
VW on the F/W 98 YYPH runway
marie claire, 1986

asahi
kci
fashionnews

thx runner!

the last picture, is that rei kawakub and yohji yamamoto? they must have been lovers at that time (1986).

yes nqth...
i can see for sure that it is rei and i agree, that must have been when they were a couple...

yohji was extremely adorable as a young man...
i'm sure all the girls were in love with him and his guitar...
also- he was probably one of the few young men at the school...

^_^...

thank you for all of these runner!...
you're the best---:woot:

oh my, oh my... young yohji with a guitar!
i wonder what a rei and yohji conversation would be like.
such gems! thanks runner.

Would anyone have the pictures from Peter Lindbergh's Yohji Yamamoto shoot from the mid-nineties in which several of the 'supers' (Naomi Campbell, Stella Tennant, Karen Elson) modelled? I'd need these pictures for reference use but don't have much luck finding them anywhere... Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try to browse these threads when I find time (unfortunately not so much these days, hence my rather vague participation on TFS for a while...) - To be perfectly honest, I don't know whether it's been published as part of an editorial or as a campaign :/

i would check in the japanese avant garde thread...
if they are anywhere, they are there...

karen elson? she's much later, no? sorry...just doesn't ring a bell...

naomi was one of the first ones, but that was nick knight...
hmmm...

you are welcome

nqth, it would be funny if it was someone else who acted as the double of her.

don't know well unfortunately
but this kind of thing?

glam.jp

Those are *exactly* the pictures I was talking about! Thanks for posting these...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->