You Haven't Lost Me

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by tsur, Mar 23, 2004.

1. tsur

tsur New Member

im still here, I agree with a lot of the replies. I should've thought out my post a little more. :doh:

I am not sure if I would like lv if I didn't see it everywhere. Maybe that is my problem that I did like em before everyone had em, kind of like the cool band that everyone discovered. maybe i'm bitter

I do still think that gucci is so classy and modest in color. My bag is the bardot i think it is called and it is black with the black logo, so you can barely see it. I really like it, because I like the shape and the material etc. I got the it bag because I wanted something bright and colorful for spring. I guess it kind of offended me that you bagged on my it bag B)

Anyway I'll be around, I'll try to tone it down, sorry for offending you guys.

I still don't love lv, but I wasn't really trying to say anyone who does is dumb, just those who think they look rich cause they have one.

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

well well well...lookee here... :p ...do you see what a drama took place...i was absolutley convinced you were some sort of troublemaker...glad to see that you're just a passionate person ...

you'll find that the posters here are very vocal about their opinions, but if you get personal or start name calling... :shock: well...i think we all saw what happened...

i'm glad to see you stuck around...welcome aboard ...that was quite an entrance you made... :p

i like this new post much better and can even say i agree with some of your points... :flower:

look everybody...tsur's back!! :clap:

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:lol: stick around tsur and dont feel alone regarding LVbags :p

4. Plumour

Plumour New Member

Welcome to tFS! stick around and have fun! this is such a cool place here, with all these cool people ;)

:flower:

5. Luna

Luna offline.

I dont know why I was so uppity about defending LV...

I don't even have an LV bag... or a gucci for that matter ;)

6. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. faust

faust New Member

Welcome! :flower:

See, we are all nice and civil, as long as the forums go in a nice and civil manner.

I thought about your original thread, and why I wrote what I wrote. I'm going to get philosphical again - I always do that, because I think that all aspects of life are interconnected. What one buys, aside from it's estethical value (which is a matter of taste) is much less relevant than one's reasons for buying. If you buy something that you think is beautiful, classy, a quality item, that is great - that means you are going through a peaceful and a content experience. I don't think I am material, but I think that the material is a part of our world, and the relationship to the material must not be one of worship or hatred, but acceptance and harmony. What is most important is peace of mind, which anyone who buys anything just because they want to flash it, because they are concerned how OTHERS will look at them - not how they THEMSELVES look, because they want to be socially accepted, because magazines tell them that they are inadequate without owning a certain item - those people will NEVER achieve that. They will always suffer from being judged, from being looked at by others, from fear that they don't have the "IT" item, from fear that they will not be socially accepted. Such people will always be miserable, even if they have all LV bags in the world - the only thing they will achieve are credit card debts. Most people who own LVs that I've encountered fall in that category. Some, like our own Leyla M, do not.

To conclude - while hating LV, your reasons for buying a Gucci and a DB "IT" bag put you in the same category in my eyes, maybe unfarily so, because you might've just misrepresented your thoughts in your writing. If I judged too soon, I apologize :flower:

8. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

Tsur- i think you are a wind-up merchant :lol: - now that you've seen what we are made of, welcome, glad you stuck around ;)

9. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

you have a weird definition of fun

10. Luna

Luna offline.

:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    But i'm in the process of getting one.. *cough*, *cough* ... saving up.

11. hcb_calgary

hcb_calgary New Member

I can see how some of the attitudes towards LV come to be. Sometimes these things can stem from your encounters with owners of these bags, or often times it can be the sales staff.

I know that at the boutique in my town it's 90% really nice sales people and the remaining 10%...well let's just say I can see where Tsur could get worked up.

I have experienced being looked at like "well I don't think you could afford a pair of LV socks, let alone a bag..." and being treated as such.

But ya know, money isn't taste, but a little money never hurts when you do want to indulge the tastes you have. I think the customer service experience can turn off potential future customers because these are the things you remember.

So no assumptions based on the ownership or lack thereof for a particular bag is the best way to go!

;)

12. softgrey

i liked your post hcb...welcome to the jungle...hahaha ;)

13. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

i liked your post hcb...welcome to the jungle...hahaha ;) [/b][/quote]
    I like your avatar... :flower:

14. tealady

tealady New Member

It sounds like a plan! ;)

15. softgrey

thanks purple :flower: i like yours too :heart: