Your Best Of The Season!

Reaction score
My favorite shows (in no particular order:(

1. Prada--Miuccia captured 50's Italian/French resort looks perfectly and made them now with quirky, offbeat details and gorgeous accessories. The round toe printed pumps are mine!

2. Balenciaga--Nicolas evolves his last two collections into something totally new and unexpected. Sexy in a reserved way and never tarty. Some of the best prints in Paris.

3. Sophia Kokosalaki--I always love her but this collection was a very special standout. She drapes and pleats like no one else.

4. Vuitton--What Marc Jacobs' own show should've looked like! Strong, design-driven clothes that rival those beautiful bags for attention. Nice to see Marc working on something not so derivative.

5. Undercover by Jun Takahashi--A new avant garde wonder! A young spirit clearly influenced by Rei, Yohji, Issey. Fun presentation.

Honorable mentions: Junya Watanabe, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Helmut Lang

So bad it hurts: DSquared, Valentino, Hussein Chalayan (though he got good reviews, surprisingly), Givenchy

1. Oscar de la Renta-

:heart: :heart: perfection. stunning. i would buy every sinlge piece in the collection and i know that it would all look wonderful when worn. :heart: :heart: :blush:

2. Viktor & Rolf

i love this collection. my #2 of the season. their vision translated into wearable clothing. many fabulous details and color combinations.

3. Chanel

just when i needed a bit of classic clothing... lagerfield delivers yet again. the trenches... and the outfits. :heart:

4. Stella McCartney/ Emma Cook
both work wonders with ladylike clothing. fantastical and stunning. amazing colors with rich golden chiffons.

5. McQueen

Not a fan of the presentation at all. But the clothing was amazing and provided me with one of my favorite outfits of the season!!!

HM:

Givenchy: some of the dresses were absolutely amazing.
Rochas: construction and innovation
Lanvin: perfect
Balenciaga: for the white pieces alone
Helmut Lang: for what he always does perfectly! the tan dresses with color accents *sigh*

Worst:
Gucci, YSL, Prada, Miu Miu, Galliano

My favorite collections! :heart: I have 11 :blush: and maybe MORE! But when I tell myself to think of it right NOW, this is the list that I have :smile:

Lanvin

Marni

Sophia Kokosalaki

Comme des Garcons

Prada

Junya Watanabe

Alberta Ferretti

Dries van Noten

Helmut Lang

Krizia

Jil Sander

chanel
luca luca
missoni
j maskaray
helmut lang

Future Classics
Preen
Pauric Sweeney
Little Red Riding Hood
Maria Chen Pascual

Originally posted by Seamless@Oct 13th, 2003 - 3:42 pm
Future Classics
Preen
Pauric Sweeney
Little Red Riding Hood
Maria Chen Pascual
Seamless* Where did you find pictures of Little Red Riding Hood?

So far for me:
Tim Van Steenbergen
Bruno Pieters
Lutz
Maria Chen-Pascual
Ann-Sofie Back
Claudia Rosa Lukas
Tess Giberson
Robert Cary-Williams
A.F. Vandevorst
Martin Margiela

Looking forward to seeing or seeing more from:
Marc Le Bihan
Wendy & Jim
Cosmic Wonder
Yazbukey
Giacomini
Auguste
Fabrics Interseason
Yoshiko Creations

Best Showmen:
Bernhard Willhelm
Tim Van Steenbergen
McQueen

so hard to choose just five...

Lanvin

Helmut Lang

Louis Vuitton

Proenza Schouler

Victor & Rolf

Hon. Mentiones:
Veronique B

Marni

Marc Jacobs

Zac Pozen

Least favorite: Arcadius, Miguel Adrover

Top 5?! Damn,I completely missed that part.

So hard to narrow that question down. In lieu of that,make the last five Honourable Mentions then. :lol:

Top Five:

01: Helmut Lang - He never, ever disappoints me. The tailoring and impecable attention to detail is what I admire most about him. His color palette is always aesthetically pleasing, as well.

02: Junya Watanabe - Loved his black and white theme. :heart: This collection was very me.

03: Yohji Yamamoto - I always love the way he presents his collections. The body paint underneath the predominately black dresses were my favorite.

04: Rick Owens - Classic Rick with delightful pops of red.

05: Balenciaga - This collection really impressed me with it's austere, sharp structures of the black, white and beige dresses. I have a feeling once I see it in person, I'll be even more impressed.

Honorable Mentions:

01: Zero (Maria Cornejo) - Great colors and different take on shapes. Red is going to be my new color for Spring.

02: Comme Des Garçons - Poetic and beautiful.

03: Véronique Branquinho - Very Surprising. I really enjoyed the red and the clear trenches, much better than Prada's a few seasons back.

04: Ys by Yamamoto - Loved the suspenders, and yes, even the satin.

1. Alexander McQueen :heart:
2. Valentino
3. Versus
4. Versace
5. Chanel

top six .. :heart:

*LANVIN
*DRIES VAN NOTTEN
*BRUNO PIETERS
*MARTIN GRANT
*MARNI
*TIM VAN STEENBERGEN

also loved:

*NINA RICCI
*MARGIELA
*BOUDICCA
*AF VANDEVORST

*SOPHIA KOKOSALAKI
*HELMUT LANG
*PRADA
*MISSONI

best of the season (spring summer 2004), my top five B)

1 : Prada

2 : Rick Owens

3 : Viktor & Rolf

4 : Balenciaga

5 : Hussein Chalayan

honorable mentions

1 : Hamish Morrow
2 : Haider Ackermann
3 : Sophia Kokosalaki
4 : Zac Posen
5 : Martine Sitbon

What I think were the best collections for the S/S '04 season. "Whould I wear it" is not a factor for these.* My picks are what the critics usually pick.

The Best Three:

1.Comme des Garcons by Rei Kawakubo

2.Alexander McQueen :heart:

3.Prada

4.Martin Margiela for Hermes

Honorable Mentions-

-Peter Som - Cathy Horyn loved this one.
-Hamish Morrow
-Marc Jacobs/Louis Vuitton :heart:
-Ralph Rucci Chado
-Narciso Rodriguez
-Zac Posen

• Versus
  • YSL
  • Fendi
  • Donna Karan
  • Margiela
These are the most spellbinding for me. Seeing them on the rack is another story altogether..and there are other factors to but..

1. Comme des Garcons- amaizng and potetic, a very memoribal collection

2. Undercover- gogeous hip avant garde street wear, with a disturbing undertone

3. Junya Watanabe- sleek and totaly modern, yet sensitive

4. Martin Margiela- sophistictaed and elegent and edgy

5. Lutz/ Bernhard willhelm

Honorable mentions

Maria Chen pascual
AF Vandervoster
Sophia Kokosalaki
Yamamoto

wating to see

Marjan Pejoski
Grey Ant ( LA fahsion week)

1. Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere because I dare you to find one house that so aggressively establishes new looks that women not only rush out to buy it but also dispose of all of their old frocks for us simpletons to fight over at Decades. The suit is a must, the dresses are a yet another recklessly beautiful piece of art that editors still struggle to work into a practical look, and the shoes are probably already sold out.

2. Rochas is the new Chanel, not because Chanel is not Chanel, but because you put on one of Theysken's beautiful pieces and immediately transform into a timelessly chic woman who really doesn't care if you know who made it as long as you recognize it's better than what you have on.

3. Prada simply, and I do mean simply, because everyone gave a sigh of relief when she established a look that everyone could wear that still resonated with that undeniable moody smartness we all love about Prada. And it's not like Prada doesn't have a place on our floor or in our shoe pockets or on our shelves next to Louboutin, Manolo, and Jimmy, but you put on your Pradas and think you might not actually be crying after walking thirty blocks. The look underscored this. You might actually even get away with eating (without purging) and still looking Gwenyth-good in one of those dresses.

4. Bill Blass because all of us secretly love fashion gossip and drama. Because all of us wanted to see if they should have kicked Lars out. Because we all know what Bill Blass should look like, should feel like, so when it's right, we can do nothing but applaud. And applaud we did. Bravo, Vollbracht, Bravo!

5. Vuitton not because we are all already on six waiting lists for those bags. But because we all still love an American in Paris. Because we are already in therapy over both Tom and Michael's departures from our favorite of the rejuvenated houses. Because we squirm everytime we see Givenchy take another bite out of MacDonald's I-could-have-been-the-next-Gianni creativity. Because we still don't know anyone who considers buying any off-the-rack Dior and cringe everytime our daughters wear a six hundred dollar beaded "J'Adore Dior" tank to the gym. Because sometimes our husbands don't understand why we paid ten thousand dollars to wait for two years. Marc creates status bags that help us bear the wait. And have a little fun while we're at it.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Nov 27th, 2003 - 10:52 pm
1. Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere because I dare you to find one house that so aggressively establishes new looks that women not only rush out to buy it but also dispose of all of their old frocks for us simpletons to fight over at Decades.
dare us not dear mikeijames,
Balenciaga is SO yesterday's news honestly

-mcqueen
-louis vuitton
-prada
-alberta ferreti
-balencigia
-chanel

i know its 6. but i loved them all. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads