Your Best & Worst Collections of F/W 2020.21

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a wrap on fashion month, now that Nicolas Ghesquière just closed us out with Louis Vuitton.

What's been your best and worst collections of the season?

Best: Givenchy, Saint Laurent, Dries Van Noten, Fendi, Isabel Marant, Paco Rabanne, Lanvin, Erdem

Best: Fendi, Lanvin, Prada, Versace, Alberta Ferreti, Jil Sander, Sportmax, Victoria Beckham and Ports.

Worst: Nina Ricci, Altuzarra, Dior, Céline, Gucci, Max Mara and Miu Miu.

My ultimate favorite has to have been Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello, since I loved just about every single look Vaccarello sent out this season and admired the fabulous hints of YSL's heritage. Everything about the whole entire Saint Laurent collection reminded me of why I love fashion!

I also thoroughly enjoyed Fendi and loved what Clare Waight Keller done at Givenchy. I can remember a few looks from the Michael Kors collection in New York that I also admired greatly.

Per usual, I loathed Christian Dior by Maria Grazia Chiuri and while I would never want to see anyone out of a job... MGC has to go! Also wasn't too impressed with what Virginie Viard done for Chanel, everything looked incredibly dated and weak. Versace wasn't exactly memorable this season too.

Absolute Favourites:
Saint Laurent
Miu Miu
Alexander McQueen
Chanel
Sportmax
Fendi
Prada
N.21
Marc Jacobs
Jacquemus

Other favourites:
Off-White
Lanvin
Balmain
Ermanno Scervino
Moschino
Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini
Alberta Ferretti
Michael Kors

Favourite 5 shows:
1. Prada
2. Saint Laurent
3. Miu Miu
4. Givenchy
5. Fendi

Least favourite 5 shows:
1. Dior
2. Celine
3. Maxmara
4. Isabel Marant
5. Versace

best: Saint Laurent, Loewe, Haider Ackermann, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors
worst: McQueen, Dior, Isabel Marant, Versace

Best ones: Saint Laurent, Prada and Marc Jacobs

Worst offenders: Burberry, Versace, Dior.

best: Jil Sander, Loewe, Givenchy, Dries Van Noten, Saint Laurent

worst: McQueen, Chanel, Dior, Bottega Veneta, Versace, Marni

The absolute best show this season by far was Saint Laurent and, like vogue28 said, reminded me why I love fashion. It was just perfection in every way possible. In addition to the clothing, I feel the setting, music, lighting, and casting all came together to enhance it all. I simply adored it all.

As for others, i loved Dries Van Noten, Lanvin, and Givenchy this season. Really wanted to like collections from other cities, but there was nothing spectacular. Paris just reigned supreme, but that's not saying much in this current state of fashion.

Eckhaus Latta.
The Row.
Marc Jacobs -show of the season and probably of the year-.
Prada.
Ottolinger.
Saint Laurent.
Kenzo -biggest surprise of Fall Winter-.
Givenchy.
Lemaire.
Rick Owens.

At this point, it's better to move the relevant ones to Paris and stop wasting a whole month.

Best: Prada, Loewe, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Lanvin, Givenchy, Haider Ackermann.

Worst (where to start?:( Dior, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Thom Browne, Miu Miu, Versace.

Whatever: Celine, Gucci, Balmain, Stella McCartney, Balenciaga, Hermes, Comme des Garçons.​

I saw a lot of pieces I love but not so many memorable collections.
Saint Laurent is the collection of the season! Styling has been the downfall of a lot of collections this season and YSL had the best styling of the season.

Lanvin, Loewe, JWA, Bottega Veneta, Fendi, Marc Jacobs and Kenneth Ize were also good. I loved Vuitton because of the pieces but not the « collection ». I loved the wedding dress at Tom Ford.

Marni, Chanel & Dior were the worst. Waste of time, waste of money, waste of energy. A pity for those brands! Terrible!

Best for me :YSL, Fendi, Hugo Boss, Lemaire, Michael Kors & Lacoste

Worst for me: Gucci & MARNI :ninja:

Chanel, Dior & Versace need to fix up ASAP...

All in all kinda enjoyed this season ,because i was not working with models during Fashion Month i had a full opportunity to just watch shows pressure free for the 1st time in 12 years which was kool ...

A big Thank You to a lot of you People for educating me & helping me see designers, clothes & collections from a different perspective & expanding my knowledge...I really appreciated these discussions ...:heart::smile:

Last edited:
I like some pieces from Rick Owens and Louis Vuitton (the futuristic ones).

Nice to see Fendi taking the number 1 spot, that was unexpected.

Top 10 Shows of the Season

Can someone please scan me this and send it to me? I want to see the list but I don't want to have to pay 36€ just to read it.

You don't have to pay for anything.
You probably went on Join Now (Become a BoF Professional).
Just open the link > Load Full Review > Sign Up
After the registration the article opened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->