Your Best & Worst Collections of Haute Couture S/S 2019

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jan 24, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Figured why not do this like we do for the RTW shows?

I'll start us off...

My ultimate favorite has to have been Chanel... just because. Alexandre Vauthier can never do any wrong in my eyes either (such a sucker for the 80s/Christophe Decarnin x Balmain era), so loved that whole show too.

The worst for me was Christian Dior. More of the same old from Maria Grazia Chiuri and cannot stress enough just how sad it has become to see such a strong and legendary fashion house go to waste.

HeatherAnne likes this.
  2. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

this season was a nightmare. I almost feel sad for all those rich people who buys couture.

worse? almost everyone.

best? Viktor and Rolf. Not their best attempt but they put me an smile on my face.

franceslions, sore, Benn98 and 2 others like this.
  3. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Best: Alexandre Vauthier.
    Worst: Everything else.

vogue28 likes this.
  4. madzedre

madzedre Member

best: valentino
    worst: Dior

vogue28 likes this.
  5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Best: Chanel, Valentino & Vauthier.
    Those 3 shows offered 3 different vision of women, well made clothes, some classic Couture references and were aspirational. Kudos to Valentino & even more to Vauthier for the cast.

Worst: Dior, Alexis Mabille, Balmain, Giambattista Valli, Azzaro.

While someone has decided that performers are more important than her clothes, others seems to have a problem selecting good fabrics. And to finish, some needs to understand that less is more sometimes.

Underwhelming: Margiela.
    Despite the creativity and quality, it’s difficult to engage with clothes that seems to lack any sort of purpose.

6. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I only liked Viktor and Rolf...but not because I liked the clothes, just because it is trolling couture season and the whole fashion system.

The worst could be Balmain (although it is very difficult to choose from so many hideous and boring collections). But Olivier has reached a new level of lowness here, trying to play 80s couturier gone mad.

Dear couture customers: BUY VINTAGE. It is worth it more than all these empty collections full of nothing but metres of fabric, and easy embellishments.

7. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Best: Valentino. It might be more of the same but good lord the execution is divine per today's standards. I absolutely adored the way he gave a voice to the seamstresses in the atelier, not only showing them, but actually giving them a word in the creative process by choosing the name of each piece and their vision of each dress. It was beautiful and an ode to couture.

Worst: Balmain. You might have had uninspired collections by many designers/houses but Balmain not only showcased another case of "too much inspiration" from previous designers but also TERRIBLE craftsmanship. It's like they had half the time of everyone else to finish the pieces... while hungover. Some dresses were disintegrating for heaven's sakes.

8. franceslions

franceslions New Member

worst: Chanel (first time that it’s so disappointing for me) and Dior.
    best: Armani Privè (loved so much the bright blu and red) Valentino and Alexandre Vauthier

9. DK92

DK92 Member

Why didn't anyone create a thread for Atelier Versace?

10. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Chanel and Valentino were my favorite. I couldn't care less about the rest tbh.

11. LiquidDiamond

LiquidDiamond New Member

worst : Versace
    best : Valentino,Chanel, Dior , Giambattista Valli, Balmain