Your Dream Fashion Show

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
What is your dream fashion show like? Where will it be held? What music will be used? Will you use models?

Mine will go like this: It will be in Paris. Though I'm not sure where exactly will it be held in the city, but I'd like a blank room where I can decorate it. Though it will be subdued. The music will be a special score provided by Angelo Badalamenti (I want something hypnotic, so guest editors can totally focus on the collection and so it will be unforgetable). I'll definetly be using models like a blank canvass, transforming them into 'creatures' that will go with the mood of the collection and the clothes.

What will yours be like? :flower:

Oh- I was actually just thinking about this the other day...
:o
You beat me to it!
I've been putting together ideas for fashion shows in my head for ages now. My main problem is that I have so many influences. It's so hard to come up with a single, unified idea. I think I'll share a couple of my concepts in the morning. :smile:

This is just one fantasy fashion show I've come up with.

Mine will be held in Milan. I'd probably have to hold it in a large venue, not sure what exactly. I'd cover the runway in loose silver leaf so that as the clothes went down the runway, the hems would be dusted with silver. The background and walls would be a giant mirror and I'd have half a dozen spotlights to reflect of of them as well as the spotlights that would follow the models down the runway. I'd turn the models into goddess-like beauties that represent a mixture of romanticism, femininity and strength. I'd love to play a varied mix of music, everything from the version of "When Doves Cry" from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack (it's sort of choir meets techno), a remix of Bjork's "All Is Full of Love"
and for the final segment of eveningwear, a very dramatic sounding symphony fused with an electronica beat.

Another fantasy that I didn't actually come up with myself, but really loved was Tom Ford's presentation for Gucci f/w 03, that was an amazing presentation.

I always liked the using of mirrors and glass, though I'm not sure how I'd use it.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@May 30th, 2004 - 1:15 am
I always liked the using of mirrors and glass, though I'm not sure how I'd use it.
Me too, especially mirrors. I love how it adds depth and dimension to a space. I actually had this idea once to cover a runway in shards of broken mirror, totally inpractical, and definitly hazardous.....but it would most likely be beautiful to see.

Originally posted by Spike413+May 30th, 2004 - 1:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike413 @ May 30th, 2004 - 1:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@May 30th, 2004 - 1:15 am
Me too, especially mirrors. I love how it adds depth and dimension to a space. I actually had this idea once to cover a runway in shards of broken mirror, totally inpractical, and definitly hazardous.....but it would most likely be beautiful to see. [/b][/quote]
Exactly.

Id like the room to be half-dark. The runway would have lights from the bottom. Posibly it would be made from a white glass with lights under it. This would make attention to the feet. Did i tell that i design shoes best? :rolleyes:

For my RTW Show:

I'd have it in Milan. It would be dark with some spotlights shining down to make the first model look blue as she came down the runway. There would be huge stone Ionic columns with statues in between them with lights on them also. There would be mirrors on the runway and behind the columns. At the end, the runway would be like a river with the water constantly flowing. There would be lights under the water that would change it different colors to show the mood. I'd play Desree's "Kissing You" and pale pink rose petals & ivy leaves with diamonds on them would fall into the water and float on by as the models are walking in the water when the formal wear is coming by. And when the last model starts to go back, a nice soft waterfall would fall and that would be the backdrop for her last pose. The clothes would have a Roman/Greek feel to it with lots of sparkles and light fabrics with light colors like pinks, pale green, powder blue, etc... :heart:

I would love to see a show like that :cry:

Mine would be in Paris in a very large,spacious,elegant ball room and the music would be Marlene Dietrich "I've been in love before" and "Ich bin die fesche lola" as well as Marianne Faithfull "Working class hero" the lighting would be a violet/blue tone and the make up for the girls would be pale skin and pulled back hair with matte red lips

The models:
Daria Werbowy
Gemma Ward
Hana Soukupova
Tiiu
Marija Vujovic
Maria Carla
Nadja Auermann
Kate Moss
Naomi Campbell
Karen Elson
Natalia V
Julia Stegner
Heidi Klum
Linda Evangelista
Jaquetta Wheeler
Elise Crombez
Georgina Grenville
Adina Folin

Season: Autumn/Winter
How it looks: Very, very dim. Delicate flowers painted onto the walls in pastels, with hidden messages and objects placed in the mural. (Knives, pill bottles, etc). High ceilings, an extremely high catwalk. Everyone would sit in cheap folding chairs strewn out without a pattern and painted with graffiti.
Clothing: Bold, stark and hard styles. Extreme use of black, white, gray, red and hot pink. Cleavage-less styles, humungous heels. Lots of turtlenecks. Everything as tight as it possibly could be.
Models: All would have pale to medium skin and dark hair... I don't really know who though.
Hair: Tight ballerina buns.
Makeup: Nude eyeshadow, nude lipstick... a basic affect of the facial features disappearing into the face. Very, very plain and non-existent.

There would be no designer walk at the end, either. :rolleyes: Just a pet peeve of mine!!

hmm i don't think i could really answer this, becuas i whant to do soemthing diffrent always, I geuss for me a combination of the things I love would be the best.

may be in iceland , with lots of gold glitter and white feathers on the groudn and the audience. May be teh models could come out of the sea or plastic pods.

diffrent music i like to express teh theme

Ok so its about 9pm on a calm starry january evening in paris,
guests are arriving for Karl Lagerfeld's LAST EVER COUTURE SHOW FOR CHANEL!!! :shock: :cry:

at 9.28pm the show starts.......the music is a duet between a french female voice and a spanish tenor. its romantic BEAUTIFUL
the first model is Dewi.....she walks down a flight of stairs to the right in a chocolate colour chiffon dress with 2 layer tutus and button trimmings all around the bottom. then........the audience GHASP as a male enters from the left in chanel homme couture........he wears the most stunningly tailored suit ever seen........
the beautiful dresses continue thoughout the duet until the music cuts into a movement from swan lake in which 2 real life ballet dancers take to the centre of the salon while the models parade around them in a circle.
the third song begins......which will be the final song - lets talk about love by celine dion........
the final pieces are presented to the audience.....and once the last model dissapears all of the lights turn out.......the curtains open to reveal a glissening Eiffel Tower under which all of the models stand surrounding Karl.......then Celine (who is at the top of the eiffel) belts out the final minute of the song to the whole of Paris.......fireworks BOOM in the paris sky.....some of which spell out the CC logo as if like magic........there is a standing ovation from the audience who make their way outside to take in the view.....traffic stops everywhere in paris to whitness the scene on huge projection screens around the city......there are applauds......cheers and most of all tears

Karl takes his final bow before retirement......he takes off his ring and passes it onto the finger of a fresh face who is standing next to him......this person is Sean Read......the future of Chanel

THE END :magic:

Originally posted by Acid@May 30th, 2004 - 2:37 pm
he takes off his ring and passes it onto the finger of a fresh face who is standing next to him......this person is Sean Read......the future of Chanel
Aww! :woot:
It sounds wonderful Acid, I'm sure it'll happen one day...

Originally posted by Acid@May 30th, 2004 - 2:37 pm
Ok so its about 9pm on a calm starry january evening in paris,
guests are arriving for Karl Lagerfeld's LAST EVER COUTURE SHOW FOR CHANEL!!! :shock: :cry:

at 9.28pm the show starts.......the music is a duet between a french female voice and a spanish tenor. its romantic BEAUTIFUL
the first model is Dewi.....she walks down a flight of stairs to the right in a chocolate colour chiffon dress with 2 layer tutus and button trimmings all around the bottom. then........the audience GHASP as a male enters from the left in chanel homme couture........he wears the most stunningly tailored suit ever seen........
the beautiful dresses continue thoughout the duet until the music cuts into a movement from swan lake in which 2 real life ballet dancers take to the centre of the salon while the models parade around them in a circle.
the third song begins......which will be the final song - lets talk about love by celine dion........
the final pieces are presented to the audience.....and once the last model dissapears all of the lights turn out.......the curtains open to reveal a glissening Eiffel Tower under which all of the models stand surrounding Karl.......then Celine (who is at the top of the eiffel) belts out the final minute of the song to the whole of Paris.......fireworks BOOM in the paris sky.....some of which spell out the CC logo as if like magic........there is a standing ovation from the audience who make their way outside to take in the view.....traffic stops everywhere in paris to whitness the scene on huge projection screens around the city......there are applauds......cheers and most of all tears

Karl takes his final bow before retirement......he takes off his ring and passes it onto the finger of a fresh face who is standing next to him......this person is Sean Read......the future of Chanel

THE END :magic:
Wow, I don't even like Celine, and I'd still want to be at that show!

My dream fashion show would be as follows:

Place: Milan, Italy

Runway: Plexiglass runway with mini lights inside and a big transforming backdrop that molds to the beat of the music that is in the same shape of the Atelier Versace runway from the Spring 2002 Runway...(I :heart: it!)

Music: A pulsating house blend from Junior Vasquez with some Missy Elliot's "Pass That Dutch" and Beyonce worked in

Models:
Daria Werbowry
Caroline Ribeiro
Hana Soukupova
Tiiu
Carmen Kass
Maria Carla Boscono
Gisele Bundchen
Ai Tomanaga
Naomi Campbell
Karen Elson
Natalia Vodianova
Julia Stegner
Dewi Driegen
Leticia Birkheur
Jaquetta Wheeler
Elise Crombez

All mine would be installation-style presentations. Very calm,very romantic. Somewhere in Berlin or maybe near the port of Antwerpen. But to be able to be seen I would choose a venue somewhere in Paris that's not fussy and crammed with journos,unconventional and as the aforementioned...installation-style.

I just got an idea. Nightime. Paris. A closed off portion of the Champs Elysee with the Arc de Triomphe in the background would be the runway........I'm working on the rest.

Place=South Pacific ... a small atolon (have no idea how is translated in english, it's a ring-shaped tropical island made naturally from coral growing)
Runway=Plexiglass ... across the island ... and the light comes from HUGE balloon-lamps
Time=Dusk ... at the beginning I show daytime ensembles, then move to night gowns.
Presentation= On all major cities (NY, Milan, Paris projected on huge screens)
Inspiration= It's definitively from a book ... Shakespeare's "Twelfth night" maybe ? (would LOVE to play with the character's ambiguity)
Colors=Strictly black, blue and white.
Music= String quartet which goes in crescendo towards some edgy electronic music.
Hum .. dunno why ... this seems like a Spring-Summer show, but can be pulled at any season!

May add some details later.

Originally posted by blumarine@May 31st, 2004 - 8:45 pm
Place=South Pacific ... a small atolon (have no idea how is translated in english, it's a ring-shaped tropical island made naturally from coral growing)
This?
102b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->