Your Fashion Writing

Discussion in 'Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself' started by VogueParisLover, Mar 1, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. VogueParisLover

VogueParisLover New Member

This is the thread to post stories or articles about fashion that you've written and have them critiqued.:flower: I'll go first.

A profile of Katie Grand:
    What do you think?

#1 VogueParisLover, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 1, 2009
  2. fashionfille

fashionfille New Member

I wrote this about...what store?! hahaha, It's not too hard to guess! I posted it at my blog here.

I walk down the long, brightly lit hall crowded with horribly dressed people. I faintly see the wide windows, I take a few more steps. The outlandish posed mannequins glance at me, in all of their crazy outfited glory. I smirk back at them with an envy for their shoes, their amazingly layered looks that only someone with plastic arms, legs, and abs could pull off. My toes pull me towards the door, and I find myself tossed into racks upon racks upon racks of garments. People look in my direction, avoid eye contact. I do the same; I race to get a feel for everything being offered to me. I look, but don't grab, at things that call to me. I wince and jerk my head away from cheap fabrics, masking my disgust from a bejeweled tank with a beautiful dimpled ring. Once my footing has been found, I race around like a savage snatching up everything I love- natch, everything I even like- in my size. The dressing room mirror awaits to say yay or nay, and the rest of the shoppers await me exiting my fitting room. My eye catches sight of the wrap-around worm of people, money in hand. Anticipating my future, I grab a spot, and turn to the fellow addict behind me to ask her to "hold my spot, just a sec?!" Earrings, necklaces, hairbands galore fill my small but capable hands; they are attracted to my fingers. I slide back in line, just in time. While an impatient cashier persistently reminds me of the return policy, my pupils wander all around me- impulse items screech for me. My fantasies are soon interrupted by a bright and slippery bag placed in my fingers. "Oh, thank you so much!" Skipping through the threshold, the possibilities are endless...the remaining room in my closet, not so much.

I wrote this about a certain place...who can guess where it is?

:D