Your Favorite Haircut / Hairstyle

VainJane

Reaction score
I need a new cut but I haven't seen any hairstyles that catch my eye :unsure: Does anyone have a fav haircut that adds volume? If so, please post! :flower:

What kind of hairtype do you have? It would be good to see how you look like, than it's easier to find a hairstyle just for you.

My hair is very plain... long layers a few inches below my shoulders. I would recommend it to anyone... gives your hair more bounce, texture, volume... and is very workable into curls or whatever you feel like doing.

My hair is straight and about shoulder length. Very boring hair :yuk:

Choose a perfect hairdresser to curl your hair. I was like a sheep... :cry:

There are lots of great links on this page. This looks helpful, too.

Are there any celebrities with haircuts you might consider? Pay attention to movies (and not just th most recent ones) because you can see lots of different cuts from all angles instead of just one. Don't worry about looking too much like a copycat (unless it's a really obvious cut or an often-copied one like Jennifer Aniston's) because the cut will look pretty different on you--perhaps completely different. Ask the hairstylist to adjust the cut to suit your face and hair types (which a good stylist would know how to do). You may want to invest in a really great stylist if you don't ordinarily (at least for the first time you make a change). It makes a big difference.

Also, don't be afraid to experiment. Some people were really dubious when I told them that I was going to cut my hair short (kind of like Keira Knightley's cut in Bend it Like Beckham), but I got zillions of compliments after I cut it and I wouldn't dream of growing it out again. Hair grows. It's the one truly renewable resource our bodies offer, and we should take advantage of that and have fun. :wink:

Good luck! :flower:

If you want to add volume because your hair is fine or thin, I suggest a shorter cut (perhaps just below chin length if you aren't brave enough to go shorter or if it doesn't suit your face to do so). Plus short hair shows off your face better.

Not that I'm biased... :innocent:

Yes a chin length bob really highlights facial features. I always have to tame mine so that it doesn't look too full. But I have a lot of hair so on someone with thinner hair it will add volume. If you notice, all the models in commericals for volumizing products have bobs. You can always just clip it back if you get bored with it.

Yay! All these great suggestions have made me excited :woot: I feel very inspired and those links were awesome!! :heart: Thanks!

Originally posted by eloes@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 4:11 pm
If you want to add volume because your hair is fine or thin, I suggest a shorter cut (perhaps just below chin length if you aren't brave enough to go shorter or if it doesn't suit your face to do so). Plus short hair shows off your face better.

Not that I'm biased... :innocent:
My current favourite short haircut...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Sep 4 2004, 05:44 PM
I've always liked the younger Mia Farrow's hair.
[snapback]356553[/snapback]​

I would love to have a short-short haircut like that one. I just don't think it work for my face, though. :( I really like my current length, which is still pretty short, but the super-short ones are sooo versatile.

VainJane, if you want to keep your length but add volume, ask for a very long bob--a bob can be almost any length. It just has to do with how the ends are layered/cut (shorter on the inside, I think?). Anyway, my point is that you don't have to lose the length.

Originally posted by eloes@Sep 5 2004, 12:46 AM
I would love to have a short-short haircut like that one. I just don't think it work for my face, though. :( I really like my current length, which is still pretty short, but the super-short ones are sooo versatile.
[snapback]356812[/snapback]​
I don't think I could do it either, you would need really delicate features to pull it off. I think that I just posted that because I would love that hair... Not going to happen though. :P

favorite hairstyle

side bangs with long hair..wavy or straight

Barbara_large.jpg

8f942570.jpg

bb11_m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back