Your Favorite Season/Year

I also have to add SS 06, there were few pretty outstanding and unforgetable moments:

Dolce & Gabbana - rural romanticism, one of my favourite D&G collections ever.
Lanvin - gorgeus show with all the geisha inspired perfection, and it was really perfect.
Prada - I love this girly sweetnes and subtle sensuality of the clothes, the combination of lovely light dresses, knee-high socks and bamboo wedges was brilliant.
Balenciaga - just beautiful. Luxorius, opulent and very classy.
Jean Paul Gaulteir - another rural inspiration and another amazement.
Chanel - wonderful mix of classical Chanel and modern coolnes, plus such an amazing idea with Chanel PC and models standing on a keyboard!
Christian Dior - wonderful ethereal clothes with fantastic soundtrack.
John Galliano - amazing alternative cast show.

O gosh, I'm getting sentimental again.. :lol: :heart:

lol Its seems Im not the only one who absolutely loves F/W 06.07. The season was a total knock out. Versace, Dior and Balenciaga were the best!!! Everything else was brilliant too! Cavalli (surprisingly), Chloe, Givenchy, YSL, Gucci, Lanvin and Alexander McQueen.

Oh and Valentino!!!! How can I forget that unforgettable collection. How can I forget the impossibly beautiful dresses and the super-lux hair and makeup.

i think the seasons between 1999-2002. i think we saw the most innovative and amazing stuff in that span. bernhard willhelm bursting on the intl. front with quite possibly the freshest voice. jurgi persoons was still flourishing in his homespun tippi hedren in the birds,style. preen was doing the rockabilly gothic victoriana with recycled textures. viktor & rolf was still uber-creative with their stars and stripes(a/w 00),black hole(a/w 01),white(s/s 02) and bluescreen(a/w 02). and of course margiela was margiela not diesel injected margiela.

For me, the best overall season that I can recall was F/W 2003. There were just so many bold collections that, for whatever reason, left an impression on me. The timing of that seasons' shows probably added to how impactful they were. Even though for the most part the collections were being worked on before the threat of war became more and more real, the strength and beauty that a lot of the collections projected was like a defiant stance against everything that started happening right after they concluded.

Beyond that, the season is just sort of a benchmark for me. I'm constantly comparing newer collections from designers I follow to the collections that were shown that season.

In my opinion
spring summer 2005 RTW

It was an easy fresh summery season, I remember Fendi with those multicolored dresses, Cavalli and his africa hommage...the sea collection from Versace (stunning show!!), the coolness and freshness of CHLOE (remember?) plus Stella Mc Cartney...Chanel, Dolce and the line up of 80 models for the first time I think...Alessandro dell acqua! Lanvin! Blumarine and the folky marrokee collection...Mc queen and the chess game
didnt you just love that season???:heart::heart:

Plus the models at that season were perfection
simply perfection!!
yes yes yes! you cannot forget the dior show of spring 2005! ahhh 2005 for fashion was devine!!

My ULTIMATE favorite was fall 2005. Balenciaga with the military coats, Rochas with Theyskens's to-die- for dresses, Louis Vuittion's gothic girl collection, Prada and Miu Miu's cool carefree 60's girl collections, Chanel and Dior's 1960s- like collection. UGH devine.

I want to say I'm suprised about how much love Fall/Winter 2006 is recieving, but I'm not :lol: It was such a beautiful season, it's when I first started buying my fashion magazines too :blush:

Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Baleciaga, Rochas, Chloe, Givenchy, Prada, Gucci, Versace, just everything :cry:

And I agree with most people, since Spring 2007, fashion started going downhill. I miss extreme volume, I miss designers experimenting. I know part of it has to do with the economy, but fashion is just so boring now :innocent:
I don't think I single Spring 2012 show made me gasp with excitement or get excited like watching fashion shows used to

okay, done with my rant~ :heart:

My favorite season is Fall/Winter 2008 :heart:
All shows was f*cking amazing
I still remember when I watched shows on TV
It was wonderful days :heart: :cry:

A/W 07-08 and A/W 08-09 were both terrific; I hadn't been into fashion for very long at that point, and so the collections that were being shown inspired me endlessly. I remember a lot of incredible shows, notably:

A/W 07-08:
Giambattista Valli - was probably one of the most original, luxurious and yet entirely wearable winter collections I have ever seen.
Yves Saint Laurent - The volumes, the textures, the colours, the styling, the dresses, the tailoring, IMO the best YSL by Stefano Pilati collection.
Chanel - The colours and styling were gorgeous
Christian Dior - One of the last Dior ready-to-wear collections that Galliano showed that had a hint of his decadent, dark side.

A/W 08-09:
Giambattista Valli - 'Red riding hood eats the wolf' - My favourite collection of all time. Introduced me to his Balenciaga influence. Dark, voluminous, embellished, surprising, original. I crave to see Valli back at this stage. It went downhill towards shift-dresses from here.
Yves Saint Laurent - bowl-cut wigs, feather dresses, the introduction of the 'tribute' boot, great colour palette. Again, quite dark, but extremely beautiful, set to an amazing soundtrack.
Chanel Haute Couture - Incredibly classic and simple but some stunningly modern and original pieces, fantastic frame-headwear, suits and triangular-shaped dresses.
Balenciaga - I was incredibly inspired by Ghesquiere after his S/S 08 show, the voluminous patent plastics, the jewellery, the shoes.. that one black and white dress that swiftly became my favourite piece of the season.

I could go on, this latter season was the best in my memory.

While I agree with most of the people here (2003, 2005 and 2006 being wonderful years for fashion) I think it is noticeable that many people often find themselves drawn to seasons that took place when they started getting into fashion. Everything seemed new and exciting and after a while you kind of get used to everything and things repeat. I am no exception and think that f/w 05 and f/w 06 are the most divine seasons imaginable those were the first seasons and experienced in fashion so I have very special memories of those. I am sure in 5 years people will tell us that f/w 08 (which was one of the best newer seasons) and f/w 11 (which also wasn't entirely bad as some people suggested) are their favorite seasons because it was new and exciting for them.
A thing I also noticed is that summer seasons are usually more boring and in almost every 'best shows of the season'-thread you will find people that say that it was a very bad season or even the worst season ever. People hate when things change and fashion changes really fast.

While I agree with most of the people here (2003, 2005 and 2006 being wonderful years for fashion) I think it is noticeable that many people often find themselves drawn to seasons that took place when they started getting into fashion. Everything seemed new and exciting and after a while you kind of get used to everything and things repeat. I am no exception and think that f/w 05 and f/w 06 are the most divine seasons imaginable those were the first seasons and experienced in fashion so I have very special memories of those. I am sure in 5 years people will tell us that f/w 08 (which was one of the best newer seasons) and f/w 11 (which also wasn't entirely bad as some people suggested) are their favorite seasons because it was new and exciting for them.
A thing I also noticed is that summer seasons are usually more boring and in almost every 'best shows of the season'-thread you will find people that say that it was a very bad season or even the worst season ever. People hate when things change and fashion changes really fast.

That's what I wanted to say :heart:

FW06 ( Christian Dior, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Jean Paul Gaultier:(heart:
SS 08 ( Balenciaga, Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Miu Miu, Nina Rucci, Prada, Proenza Schouler) :heart:
FW08 ( John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Christian Lacroix, Nina Rucci, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent) :heart:
FW09 ( Chrisian Dior, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Louis Vuitton, Nina Rucci) :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
fall 2009 for me. for sure. i own most clothes from this time.

FW06 ( Christian Dior, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Jean Paul Gaultier:(heart:
SS 08 ( Balenciaga, Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Miu Miu, Nina Rucci, Prada, Proenza Schouler) :heart:
FW08 ( John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Christian Lacroix, Nina Rucci, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent) :heart:
FW09 ( Chrisian Dior, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Louis Vuitton, Nina Rucci) :heart:

Took the season and designers right out of my mouth. YES to Fall 09.
The recession was hitting hard and that particular season, you saw all heavy hitters do what they do best in response to it....

Versace Spring 2007 is what got me interested in fashion to begin with. I know this may sound weird, but when I first started liking fashion, I was afraid to look at anything other than Versace!!!:lol: I guess at the time I was too young to understand the abstract beauty of French clothing, so I just stayed away from it all. It wasn't until about Spring 2009 that I started looking at other designers. I wouldn't really GET their clothes at first, but then the next day a switch would go off, and I suddenly GOT it!! That being said, looking back at the collections today, Fall 2007 has to be my favorite season.

I'm sorry, I know that was confusing :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Fall/Winter 2008.2009 was such an impeccable season! There were so many memorable collections. Highlights for me are Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Marc Jacobs, Rodarte (spiderweb leggings!), Prada (those lace dresses!), Gucci (best collection of Frida Giannini), Givenchy (hello overlapping gold necklaces), Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen and Versace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->