Your Favourite Louis Vuitton Collaboration Pieces?

Reaction score
Louis Vuitton is all about the collaborations. Throughout the Marc Jacobs era the house has collaborated with various artists and even recently with Jeff Koons.

What do you think? Which one is your favourite one?

DEFINITELY not the Jeff Koons, one. Some of the worst designer items I've ever seen.

Marc had some really fabulous artist collaborations during his tenure at Vuitton.

My favorite is probably the oversized Murakami intarsia fur fanny pack from Fall/Winter 2006.
Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2006+mEyrdbdSAeIl.jpg

(livingly.com)

LV x TAKASHI MURAKAMI was EPIC, I like it a lot, is hard to pick one piece...
I like Stephen Sprouse's collab as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the Richard Prince one. Maybe because I was just starting with all this *stuff* at the time, but it was really memorable for me especially the runway presentation.

*Bump!

For me, the Stephen Sprouse collaboration will always be the one to beat. I was such an admirer of the contrast between the graphic graffiti artwork and the vivid coloring layered over the timeless Louis Vuitton monogram print. So many covetable pieces - like those leopard print scarfs!

It will have to be the LV CDG one, the tote bag with holes cut out...Another one is the bag that was stitched up like a soccer ball, I have been looking for them but prices have become so high now.

Maybe a 'boring' bag in comparison to the artist collaborations, but I've always loved the bags they did for the Sofia Coppola collab. The SC remains a grail of mine even now.

^agree 120%. The bag could have been their own Birkin. The style is classic and logo-free... and the numbers were always limited in the store. Leather was good which could be on par with Hermes.

some of the collaborations that have garnered a lot of attention and praise include the Louis Vuitton x Supreme collaboration, which saw the iconic LV monogram printed on a range of streetwear-inspired pieces, and the Louis Vuitton x Yayoi Kusama collection, which featured the Japanese artist's signature polka dots on a variety of bags, accessories, and clothing items.

The Richard Prince stuff was fantastic. I saw people hating on that sex and the city firebird bag and was surprised bc it was one of my favorites :( Also really liked the goofy anime bags from 2010 but I don't know if that was a collab??

When the monogramouflage came out I was soooo so close to buying a fake keepall off of ioffer or something but I never pulled the trigger. I still regret it even though I would never wear it lol

Well so far my favorite one is Louis Vuitton x Urs Fischer. The Louis Vuitton x Urs Fischer collaboration is a unique and exclusive collection crafted from high-quality materials, with whimsical and irreverent designs that set it apart from other Louis Vuitton offerings. Its limited availability and cultural relevance through the partnership with a highly respected artist add to its appeal for collectors and fashion enthusiasts.

I love the minimalistic-yet-luxurious approach in the Fragment Design collaboration, maybe because I'm a big fan of streetwear and leather...

Even if the Richard Prince collection is one of my all time favorite collection from Marc, his best collaboration was STEPHEN SPROUSE from 2001, 2006 and it altération from FW 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->