Your Magazine Cover Predictions & Speculations for 2019

Benn98

Reaction score
Since most December issues are out, thought it fitting to start a thread with our predictions or wishlists for 2019. Can be for any of your favourite titles, not just Vogue.

It needn't be totally realistic either. If someone is convinced we'll see Cardi B on UK Harper's Bazaar running around a posh estate, that's fine. Although the mere thought of it makes me :rofl:

OMG, I was going to talk about Cardi when I read the title!
If she wins AOTY at Grammys the sky is the limit. US Vogue, every HB, Elle... In fact I think that US Elle is gonna be the first to give her a cover.

I wonder if Shalom Harlow is going to have a full-fledged comeback after Versace and VI, and also if any other magazines will put her on the cover. I can see her getting POP, Love or even Vogue UK.

Also, where is Kristen McMenamy? There was no new work from her after the Valentino stint, so perhaps she has something good in the works?

US Vogue released a "73 Questions With Bella Hadid" today, maybe she will get the February cover.

It's about damn time! But I'd be surprised if she got a solo cover before Gigi.

Also, where is Kristen McMenamy? There was no new work from her after the Valentino stint, so perhaps she has something good in the works?
The current state of fashion doesn't deserve a Kristen McMenamy comeback. :mrgreen: Although a Valentino campaign shot by Meisel or Roversi (in a good day) would be beautiful.

I predict yet another year of celebrities - be it actresses, overrated singers or daughters of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing Lady Gaga or Serena Williams will be popping up prior to MET Gala on Vogue US May cover, wearing Gucci

I'd like to see Rachel Brosnahan on the cover of US Vogue. February issue to be more specific since it is their All-American Issue, isn't it? Or has it changed?

Madonna has a new album next year.

Ga Ga, Harry and Serena will co-chair the MET Gala, so it's really likely to see at least one of them on the cover of US Vogue.

I'd like to see Rachel Brosnahan on the cover of US Vogue. February issue to be more specific since it is their All-American Issue, isn't it? Or has it changed?

I don’t think Vogue US is still doing those themed issue anymore (Power Issue, Age Issue etc.).

I hate to say this and maybe people are bored of hearing this but I still have some hope for a Raquel Zimmermann Vogue Paris cover!

I hate to say this and maybe people are bored of hearing this but I still have some hope for a Raquel Zimmermann Vogue Paris cover!
Speaking of, she hasn't done any print work since February. Where is she? This makes a VP cover even less likely for her.

Predictions:
More celebrities, less models unfortunately.
I think we will see Hailey Baldwin (oh sorry, Hailey Bieber) quite a lot. HB and Elle US for example.
Then I guess something for Cardi might be coming. Harper seems a possibility.
I have a feeling we might see Barbara Palvin show up somewhere, I've seen lots of coverage of her after the VSFS and because of her relationship with one of the Sprouse (can't remember which one to be honest.). Maybe Elle Magazine?
Kendall, Kaia, Gigi, Bella are going to be on many covers as well. I can see the first two get their UK Vogue cover.

Wishes: models! Imaan, Luna, Rianne, Kiki, Binx are my wishes.
For celebrities, I want to see VIOLA DAVIS she's gust beyond gorgeous in every aspect and it's crazy how little coverage she gets, why do magazines think Lupita is the only successful actress of colour?

I predict:

- Lots of covers for Cardi B and Ariana Grande as they've both had a huge year ( the later might even get US Vogue)

- Kaia and Kendall for British Vogue is inevitable.

- A few Harper's covers for Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (they're obsessed with her)

- Grace Elizabeth for British Vogue and maybe US Vogue ( only if they do a multi model cover).

- Lots of covers for Hailey Beiber unfortunately..

- Surely Gigi will finally get her solo US Vogue cover. Kendall has two already, and I wouldn't put it past Anna to give her a 3rd one next year.

- As for actresses, we might see newbies like Gemma Chan on a few covers but it will mostly be the usual faces.

My predictions:
Ariana and Brie Larson will probably get Us Vogue cover. (For feb and march maybe)
I also really want to see joint cover for Gigi & Bella for US Vogue (lol)

That's not really a prediction since they've been rumored to appear on Vogue March and April. ^

Cosmopolitan US:
Hailey Baldwin, Jessica Alba, Camila Cabello, Lana Condor,

Vogue US:
Adut Akech, Gigi Hadid (solo), Emma Stone, Yara Shahidi, Zoe Kravitz, Margot Robbie

Seventeen:
Troye Sivan, Lana Condor, Chloe X Halle

ELLE:
Margot Robbie def.

Bazaar:
I have no idea, but I certainly know they'll put "THE BEST BAGS AND SHOES" on the cover or someting like that. Just wait...

I’ll be a dark horse and guess Resse Witherspoon will get a cover. With Legally Blonde 3 filming, it’s great pre press before it comes out in 2020. Anna loves using her classic pets the moment they get a new role.

For celebrities, I want to see VIOLA DAVIS she's gust beyond gorgeous in every aspect and it's crazy how little coverage she gets, why do magazines think Lupita is the only successful actress of colour?

No. I'm sorry I can't let this statement stand. This is categorically false. Someone else made this same argument a while ago on the forums and they were also wrong. I don't know where this idea on tFS is coming from? Plenty of magazines are putting black actresses on their covers.

Viola was on Glamour last month (December) and is currently on L'Officiel US. InStyle had Tracee a couple months ago and Taraji is on the cover now. Angela covered Allure and Elle recently, Kerry was on Marie Clare recently and Yara and Issa Rae covered Marie Clare earlier this year as well. Zoe Kravitz has been on a ton of covers this year, including Harper's which was a shocker because Glenda is even worse than Anna regarding 'diversity' if you can imagine. And these are just the actresses I can think of off the top of my head.

Black actresses are getting covers, it's only Vogue that has a problem with putting black actresses on the cover that are not Lupita. So let's not conflate Anna and Vogue being problematic regarding which black actresses they deem worthy and deserving of a cover with the rest of the magazine editors who are trying (there's of course always room for improvement but they are trying, way more than Anna is).

Another VP cover for Anna Ewers, Edie Campbell, Gisele, Luna, Natasha Poly, Gigi, Rianne and Kaia.

Natasha Poly, Natalia V, Irina S, for Vogue Russia.

Kareena Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Sonam Kapoor, Priyanka, Katrina Kaif for Vogue India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->