Your Most Memorable Magazine Images

XavierRaphael

Reaction score
Theres only many things that makes an Iconic Image in a magazine,
The model is important, as well as the clothing and the photography.
But if you have to do a double take at that image,
the Magazine has achieved what they want you to do, stop and stare. Feel free to post any Covers Ad's or Photographs.:flower:

Us Vogue November 1988
Model: Michael Beru
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele

^in this picture, i love her smile, i love lacroix couture (?) mixed with a simple basic jeans ... i love the fact it looks casual, effortless, carefree ... it's hapiness ... it's fun ... it's fashion ....
i'm laughing myself at my own last tirade ! :lol:

xavier-raphaël, you have to credit your source or it'll be deleted ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres only many things that makes an Iconic Image in a magazine,
The model is important, as well as the clothing and the photography.
But if you have to do a double take at that image,
the Magazine has achieved what they want you to do, stop and stare. Feel free to post any Covers Ad's or Photographs.:flower:

Us Vogue November 1988
Model: Michael Beru
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele

Please Do Not Quote Images. See tFS Community Rules.

Source: My Scan From "Stylist Interpreters of Fashion"

It's a great image. But is it really iconic?

Even those who don't read Vogue know the image.:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, it's Michaela Bercu (with a cedilla under the c). She was a hugely popular Israeli (I believe) model.

Betty
MDC

No prob, MMA! I'm just curious... do you actually keep all the magazines you get? I had to eventually throw so many out for lack of room:(

Betty

Just FYI, it's Michaela Bercu (with a cedilla under the c). She was a hugely popular Israeli (I believe) model.

Betty
MDC
i can do the cedilla ...
yeah yeah i'm bored ...
Michaela Berçu
:flower::doh:

^^^Yes I really do betty_s :lol:

It's a great image. But is it really iconic?

The image is iconic in the sense that it was the cover of the first issue of US Vogue edited by Anna Wintour... and that it featured a model wearing a Christian Lacroix Couture jacket with Jeans... far different than anything that had been seen from Grace Mirabella the previous editor of US Vogue.

:flower:

^^^Yes I really do betty_s :lol:

The image is iconic in the sense that it was the cover of the first issue of US Vogue edited by Anna Wintour... and that it featured a model wearing a Christian Lacroix Couture jacket with Jeans... far different than anything that had been seen from Grace Mirabella the previous editor of US Vogue.

:flower:

Exactly! In addition , it really set the pace, and the look for the new Vogue to come.

I didn't know the image before and it leaves me cold. It's just another vintage cover to me, but it sounds iconic, I just can't see it now. Maybe I'm to young. The Vogue Italia Black issue can be considered iconic right? And Naomi Campbell's first Vogue cover? Maybe some Lindbergh work with the supermodels? I would like to see more examples!

I didn't know the image before and it leaves me cold. It's just another vintage cover to me, but it sounds iconic, I just can't see it now. Maybe I'm to young. The Vogue Italia Black issue can be considered iconic right? And Naomi Campbell's first Vogue cover? Maybe some Lindbergh work with the supermodels? I would like to see more examples!

I wouldn't consider those covers iconic, as there are many magazines that feature Black models. Vogue Italia just decided to make a big deal out of it.
I'm not trying to be racist if it comes off that way, I'm African-American.

I wouldn't consider those covers iconic, as there are many magazines that feature Black models. Vogue Italia just decided to make a big deal out of it.
I'm not trying to be racist if it comes off that way, I'm African-American.

I know what you mean, I just remember that Naomi's cover was the first Vogue Us cover with a black model and therefor something "new". And I would actually say that the Black Issue from Italian Vogue is not the most gorgeous issue ever, but for the buzz and for the count of sold issues all over the world by all kind of people even if they never bought a Vogue before and never heard of any designer who is in it beside Karl Lagerfeld bouht it.

Maybe hystorical and iconic is just not the same, that's why I'm asking for examples.

I know what you mean, I just remember that Naomi's cover was the first Vogue Us cover with a black model and therefor something "new". And I would actually say that the Black Issue from Italian Vogue is not the most gorgeous issue ever, but for the buzz and for the count of sold issues all over the world by all kind of people even if they never bought a Vogue before and never heard of any designer who is in it beside Karl Lagerfeld bouht it.

Maybe hystorical and iconic is just not the same, that's why I'm asking for examples.

The first Black Model to be on the cover of US Vogue was Beverly Johnson in 1974.:innocent:
But I do understand where you are coming from and the point you are trying to make, But look how fast the buzz about the all Black issue died down?

Has any other fashion magazine ever had such a buzz, and did it last longer?

Has any other fashion magazine ever had such a buzz, and did it last longer?

Magazines are different every month, they come and go. Once there is a new issue, its about that Issue. But there is still the debate over the US Vogue April2008 cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->