Your safety - How safe are the beauty products you use ?

oh my god! that is shocking! i had no idea my nivea refreshing cleaning gel was toxic!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a post like this a while back...

Not many people seem to care...

Wow I had no idea! Thank you for the heads up. I'm definitely going to be very wary of what I buy now. :ninja:

I'm lil suspicious about these sites and lists. They tell you everything you use is bad for your health but hey there are the products listed you should use.. :rolleyes: Of course I don't say it's all wrong and only about business, but i never take such lists as Bible.. if you know what i mean.. :wink:

I stick to brands like the Organic Pharmacy and Korres but with makeup it is harder to be wary because most people have a large assortment of brands

Beauty and Skincare Product Safety Hazards!

Many of the products we use contain toxic, carcinogenic and hormone disrupting ingredients and may pose health risks especially when used regularly. Check out the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database for the products you use. Be aware and be smart!

http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/

jeez. that site is sorta' scary... it makes me never want to put anything on my face!

It seems like almost all sun protection products have a high hazard rating.:unsure:

So basically I should not put anything on my face...lol...but it is scary though :shock:

^ :rofl: reading that site made me think the same thing, about not putting anything on my face!

I would use alternative products if I can find ones that work as well as the ones I already use.

ok that scared me out of anything related to herbal essences !

A lot of the times with these ingrd.s that are deemed toxic or unsafe, its usually at such high levels that you see reactions. Or it has to be ingested to be unsafe.

I dont eat my soap, and I dont have any reactions, so I'll keep using it.

I try to be the most natural products I can though, just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->