Your Top Casting of S/S 13

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
We did this last season:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96/model-casting-f-w-12-13-a-165513-54.html
and it was a lot of fun, and more original than the standard top 10's we see on other sites.

1) Who were everyone's 5 favorite new/relatively new faces and 5 veterans this year.
2) Also your top cast overall and your worst cast overall.

*No challenging/mocking someone's picks, there's no wrong/right answer, and let's keep this civil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was bummed that we didn't see Sara Steiner also but there's always next season! My favorite new faces have got to be Chiharu Okunugi, Nastya Kusakina, Magdalena Jasek and Irina Kravchenko but my ultimate fave is Kristin Kragh Liljegren :heart:. Her opening for Balenciaga was so strong and she fit the brand perfectly. Favorite veterans? Raquel Zimmermann, Karlie Kloss, Magdalena Frackowiak, Saskia de Brauw and Iselin Steiro.

^^YES! I wouldn't mind a seperate thread actually. We could also vote for the cast and miscast of the season. (pretty sure MiuMiu will take that first crown though) :woot:

Alright sounds good. That thread was about to auto-wrap anyway. We can do this sort of how we do in D&C.

Top 5 New Faces
Top 5 Veterans
Top Cast Overall
Worst Cast Overall

Annnnnd GO! ( Already loving your list StyleSavvy :flower: )

I watched all the ''newbies'' in motion from the shows they walked and i can declare the top newbie s/s 2013 ..Agne Konciute ! The girl is really striking in motion and still pictures and very strong-focused look and nice walk.Plus she is stunning. The other girls who deserve more runway in the future for me are Kelly Gale , Lin Kjerulf ,Tsheca White and Juliana Schurig.

Top 5 Newbies
Marine Deleeuw - I said before the season that I didn't understand why others were getting more buzz than her, and she certainly is now getting more buzz than nearly everyone, for good reason.
Juliet Ingleby - Hope she breaks away from Balenciaga next season, she is a force to be reckoned with.
Tscheca White - What a presence she has.
Josephine Van Delden - All class.
Tamara Weijenberg - Such a vibrant quality to her.
Michon Van As - Because I'm a cheater and do 6 every year.

Veterans
Juliana Schurig
Aymeline Valade
Samantha Gradoville
Mackenzie Drazan
Othilia Simon

Top Cast:
YSL
- Miu Miu was largely uninteresting to me other than the veterans.

Worst Cast:
Calvin Klein
- though there are many casts I could have picked on for the lack of diversity :judge:

Top 5 new faces
1. Agne Konciute
2. Yumi Lambert
3. Mila Krasnoiarova
4. Kelly Gale
5. Lin Kjerulf
Bonus: Martha Hunt

Top 5 veterans
1. Bette Franke
2. Andreea Diaconu
3. Magdalena Frackowiak
4. Jessica Stam
5. Aline Weber

Top cast overall

Paco Rabanne

Worst cast overall
Zac Posen

Dangit, I forgot Yumi! Great list RockAngel, made me take another look at Agne Konciute's thread, she is a great one indeed.

Top Five new faces
1. Magdalena Jasek
2. Kelly Gale
3. Yumi Lambert
4. Irina Kravchenko
5. Katia Selinger

Top Five Veterans
1. Mackenzie Drazan
2. Karlie Kloss
3. Ava Smith
4. Karen Elson
5. Carolyn Murphy

Top Cast
JPG ( Always a favorite)

Worst Cast
Calvin Klein

Excellent idea, HeatherAnne! Always interesting to see everyone's choices and, even more, how the concepts of newcomer and veteran differ from one person to another - Mila in the newcomers, Juliana in the veterans... I think it might also depend on how familiar you are with the model's career or what you consider as her breakthrough season/moment. I had troubles with some models too, as they seem right in between somehow.

So, here is mine:

Newcomers:
Agnes Nabuurs - had an eye on her for a while, glad she scored a decent amount of shows.
Lin Kjerulf - same as above and she has nicely evolved, totally my type.
Kadriana - for once I feel thankful to Givenchy exclusives, didn't know about her before and she's just gorgeous.
Joséphine Le Tutour - didn't like first, then dramatically changed my mind at the end of the FW.
Magdalena Jasek - wish she had more panache but so delicate and graceful, and could go without a redhead.

Veterans:
Catherine McNeil - just love a "comeback" like that, in/with her own style.
Sojourner Morrell - have big troubles to call her a veteran but this is not her breaking season so I put her name here. She didn't score really big this time but her presence on the runway has improved nicely and so does her print work too.
Alison Nix - despite I prefer her as a brunette, it was unexpected and awesome to see her.
Othilia Simon - not exactly a veteran too... but couldn't not mention her.
Aymeline Valade - as usual.

Best/Worst cast: sincerely couldn't tell. I dislike the use and abuse of exclusives from NY to Paris, that's pretty much it. Many also didn't make sense. Either they were random, or predictable, or included too many new faces, or used big names to hide a lack of inspiration. Of course, there are casts I liked better than others but couldn't point out one as the best or the worst.

Top 5 New Faces
Irina Kravchenko
Kayley Chabot
Lucy Gascoyne
Manon Leloup
Zoe Colivas
+Sam Rollinson

Top 5 Veterans
Alana Zimmer
Ava Smith
Elsa Sylvan
Iris van Berne
Tian Yi

Top Cast Overall
Jean Paul Gaultier

Worst Cast Overall
Givenchy

Top 5 New Faces
1. Marine Deleeuw - Can't argue with anyone here, she has the whole package. Youthful but not immature looking, regal one minute and down to earth the next. Her face is emblazoned into my mind.
2. Grace Mahary - I can't deny that it irritated me to no end that she was picked over every other black model/as a token by the time we got to Paris but ultimately she deserved it. She worked hard throughout Fashion Week, starting off a little selective through to her full-on breakthrough in Paris and became more confident on the runway in the process.
3. Kelly Gale - Beautiful face. Unfortunately didn't have a good time in Milan/Paris but I think she got noticed by enough important people (James Scully, Russell Marsh, Karl Templer) before then to start a very nice career and hopefully print season for herself!
4. Martha Hunt - Always love seeing a commercial girl succeed in HF. Martha caught my eye at Jason Wu and has been pretty impressive since then. I'm not quite sure if I will still be feeling her in a few months' time but for now I am.
5. Marikka Juhler - I think Marikka has a kind of early 00s vibe about her which is just what we need right now. She shone throughout NY, but I have to say that the hair cut kind of downgraded her beauty for me. So hopefully her agency encourage her to grow it back!

Top 5 Veterans

1. Ava Smith - kind of hard to avoid :P.
2. Tian Yi
3. Monika Jagaciak - really grown up in the last season or so.
4. Jeneil Williams
5. Jasmine Tookes - she had a rough time in Paris but I'm hoping for a rebound next season.

Top Cast Overall
Oscar De La Renta - couldn't really fault any of their picks; very diverse and a solid mix of new and older faces.

Worst Cast Overall
Dior - I expected it for CK but really seeing an important international house like Dior suddenly wipe all colour from their runway (save a few Asian models) felt like a smack in the face.

Newcomers:
Kristel van Valkenhoef
Manon Leloup
Mariah Morrison [bonus]
Marta Ortiz
Sydney Bailey
Yumi Lambert

Veterans:
Gantz Gilles
Iselin Steiro
Lais Ribeiro
Romina Lanaro
Tian Yi

Best Cast: Miu Miu

Worst Cast: Christian Dior

Top 5 new faces
Irina Kravchenko. I bet we will be seeing a lot of her. I think she looks very versatile on the runway, looking edgy and sharp at one show, and classy and elegant at the other.
Juliana Schurig. Albeit she's been modeling under the radar for a few years, i'm still considering her a newbie at the major shows. She looks hella stunning, a mix of faces from the past that I absolutely love. Ice-queenish but still very sexy. Cannot wait to see her in print
Juliet Ingleby. She looks like a seasoned top model. I think she was a Balenciaga exclusive again with the permission to walk Nina Ricci? Because I cannot imagine she wouldn't be booked for shows like Chanel.
Grace Mahary. Her look is so different from all the other girls that we've been seeing lately, that I truly think AND hope that she will last for a long time.
Hmmm, very hard. I like Natasha Remarchuk because she's so pretty, but i'm not convinced by her yet, same goes for Esther Heesch.
Can I still pick Irina Nikolaeva as a newcomer? Because damn, that girl is so striking and fierce! I really hope she breaks through this print season because it will be so sad to see her fading away.

Top 5 Veterans
Iris van Berne has been such a pleasant surprise this season (and last season). Appearing at all the major shows and looking equally stunning at all of them. I hope she takes off in print too :heart:
Iselin Steiro was the girl of the season for me. So selective yet so major and blue chip. She's the definition of a chameleon, a true fashion gem that everybody seems to love. Just iconic!
Marte Mei van Haaster looking better than ever, and doing better than ever. She has established herself very well this season, keeping her clients and me satisfied :lol: (Prada, Balenciaga, Chanel).
Aymeline Valade is the new Iselin. She can do everything, just everything. The fact that Miuccia starts booking her for shows in her 5th season is a sign that she's unbelievably versatile.
Othilia Simon because she's so damn delicious.
And my girl Daria Strokous ofcourse :lol: Rocking all the shows with her killer walk and fitting in all of them because of her blank canvas look :heart: Opening and closing some serious major shows and hopefully will book them all in this campaign season! Fingers crossed as hard as I can.

Top Cast Overall
I'm not very good at this.... yeah, i'd probably go for the obvious and choose Miu Miu. A killer casting with new and old and only one or two girls looking out of place. Ashley Brokaw is doing an amazing job at the house.

Worst Cast Overall
I have no idea :lol:
I hated CK for having no diversity and bland newcomers, and I hated Zac Posen for trying to be cool but ending up to look gimmicky.
But above all I hated YSL (Or SLP :ninja:) for having such an inconsistent cast. A lot of fillers and a few stars. Plus Julia Nobis opening is the final nail in the coffin.

:smile:

Top 5 New Faces:
Ji Hye Park- Her walk is so confident. She is the testament of what a model overall she is. Her face is striking. I just love her whole presence.
Nastya Kusakina-Just look at her, she is gorgeous. Her elegance is unmatchable and her angelic looks are soothing. Her walk is not that bad either.
Kristin Kragh Liljegren-Even though she only walked Balenciaga, her walk was amazing and her look is very striking. Very strong girl here.
Marikka Juhler-One of the most beautiful girls to come out in the past 5 years, that's reason enough.
Antonina Vasylchenko/Grace Mahary-These two girls, regardless that they are extremely different, strike me in the same way. They have that uber-cool corkiness that I like in Prada, Marni, etc. They are quite interesting girls.

Top 5 Veterans:
Iselin Steiro- The editorial and campaign queen is back on the runway. This girl's face its soo strong. She's like a Raquel Zimmermann, she fits everything, good thing Nadja is following their footsteps.
Joan Smalls-It's Joan duh. No more to say. She's always fierce.
Daria Strokous-This girl girls got a Prada closing spot after many season. Yeah there has been veteran who get this spot, but they usually are iconic already or they hail from comeback. She's so good at what she does. And that Versace appearance completely won me over.
Kristen McMenamy-Her walking at Lanvin completely left me satisfied for the rest of fashion week. She's fierce.
Magdalena Frackowiak-She's back and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully she snags Prada again because that collection suited her perfectly. Her face is too die for and her attitude in the runway always made my days.

Top Cast:
MiuMiu/Alexander Wang/Missoni- Miu Miu was just a dream, she brought back some veterans, some unexpected (Delfine and Malgosia) and some who are always a pleasure to watch (Karen, Hilary, Jessica and of course Raquel) that is already reason enough, now add faces like Antonina, Ginta, Iselin, Magdalena and you have a good balanced power cast. Alexander Wang even though it was full of new girl, they all have potential and went to do great things after, plus we got to see Erin Wasson and Liberty Ross. The diversity at Missoni was great, admirable, and something that designers should look up to, Missoni doesn't go with casting trends they do their own thing.

Worst Cast Overall:
Calvin Klein- Apart from a few (Antonina, Bette, etc) This casting was so blank faces. It was sooo dull and boring. Like God I felt I was in a hospital, just completely despicable.

Loving this. Thanx H. Had to take some time to recuperate and evaluate. Its been a rocky season. And sorry I totally cheated in numbers and categories, there are more models than ever, sue me.

Top 5 new faces
1 Ashleigh Good
Just love the crap out of this girl. Cant really explain why, dont really think she is a stayer though.
2 Juliet Ingleby
Really classic old skool stunner, insane body. Baby Malgosia. Could possibly last.
3 Agne Konciute
Together with Lin Kjerulf & Mila Krasnoiarova representing a classical North East Euripede kind of beauty. Very expensive and addictive kind of look. Cant get enough of either one, hence I count them as 1.
4 Michon van As
Thanx for reminding me. My jaw literally dropped when I saw her at Pilotto in LNDN. Echoes of an immaculate young Ymre. I could be wrong though, few appearances, limited context.
5 Kristin Kragh Liljegren
That Balenciaga opening is etched in my retinas. Future star.

Many other faces made an impression, many of them named here in this thread and on MDC, but bonus love needs to go to Zoe Colivas, Romy Shönberger & Manon Leloup ( future brunette trinity). Also thanx to Givenchy for giving me Kadriana, and what about a bit of tlc for Stina Rapp Wastenson?

I had to split the next category in two, but I limited the damage.

Favorite Veterans
Iselin, Kirsten, Magda. All convincing appearances, all of them. PRO's.
Favorite Repeaters
1 Juliana Schurig
We all know we want to see more of her coming editorial season. Stunning blonde amazon. Came back in style.
2 Iris van Berne
Killed with a sizzling runway trail. Always liked her somewhat 'hautain' look, but maybe now with the exposure she's had this season some top photographers will awknowledge her amazing print potential.
3 Janice Seinen Alida & Bo Don
Both caught exclusive revived attention through a haircut even though we all know thats no guarantee whatsoever.

Best cast overall
Theory by Oliver Theyskens Everyone worked well with the wig. Overall identity was strong, homogenous but individual at the same time. And Gaultier for the fun, exuberance and perfect typecasting that we need in a recession season. Bonus love for Marni, Missoni, Wang & MiuMiu.
Worst cast overall
Blumarine. I wanted tacky sluts, not 'me too' High Fashion. Calvin for the pretense and wobbly spectrum and more or less most casts that had Cara D. walking non-ironically.

top 5 new faces
yumi lambert
marine deleeuw
antonina vasylchenko
irina kravchenko
stephanie hall
+ tamara weijenberg

top 5 half newbies (models who have done things before but are still relatively new lmao)
tilda lindstam
stef van der laan
juliana schurig
elza luijendijk
nastya kusakina

top 5 veterans
ava smith
aymeline valade
catherine mcneil
zuzanna bijoch
patrycja gardygajlo

top cast overall
paco rabanne (mix of newbies/veterans + bombshells)

worst cast overall
saint laurent (i was so bored watching that show)

Wow what a genius thread! I wanna participate in but i haven't make up my mind yet lol. Perhaps later :P

Top 5 New Faces
Neither

Top 5 Veterans
Magdalena Frackowiak
Irina Kulikova
Monika Jagaciak
Ginta Lapina
Raquel Zimmermann

Top Cast Overall
Zac Posen

Worst Cast Overall
Christian Dior

Top 5 new faces
Nastya Kusakina,because I just love her face
Agne Konciute, classic with a twist, very efficient on runway
Lin Kjerulf, strongest presence on runway
Josephine Le Tutour, so elegant and classy
Yumi Lambert, such a beautiful face
Tamara Weijenberg and Stephanie Hall which makes 7 ok I stopp there ^_^

Top 5 Veterans
Alixon Nix
Diana Dondoe
Aymeline Valade

For the castings, I don't know, I don't have anything striking in mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"