Y's ( yohji yamamoto inc. ) S/S 2013 Lookbook

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by runner, Nov 28, 2012.

1. runner

runner .

images from fashionpress

Attached Files:

2. runner

runner .

Attached Files:

3. runner

runner .

Attached Files:

4. runner

runner .

Attached Files:

5. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

I had to do a double take here, I really wasn't sure everything here was Y's. Maybe it's just the way the looks are styled - like the striped jumpsuit with the yellow biker jacket and the red bracelets - that makes this seem so different. A lot of it I don't like at all (the look with the green sweater :doh:) but some of the more masculine, simple looks are quite nice. The print on the tunic in the 4th picture is interesting, too. But overall I'm not impressed. I wish there were more pants that don't look so shapeless and unflattering. I'm confused by the bleached denim look, but I'm finding myself being oddly attracted to it :ninja: I don't see myself wearing anything from this collection, though.

6. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

seems a little,dare i say,trendy for Y's. not sure what to make of it really because it's so unlike anything i would expect from anything yohji.

7. runner

runner .

from some of the elements here, it might be a bit like something you'd expect from something like benetton.
    but probably they know well how it appears in our eyes (as the last picture may imply). considering they did it that way nonetheless, perhaps they did it rightly sales-wise. they say the Y's F/W 2012 sells well.
    also this is the look of the latest corner store of Y's in a big fashion building named parco.
    in some way, it could correspond to the impression and direction of the lookbook. for instance the decreasing presence of the shadows, and the lightness of their appearance, etc. all the demons and spirits around yohji are disinfected under the fluorescent lights.

images from sumihito-oikawa

Attached Files:

8. runner

runner .

just for reference, this is the latest YY femme corner. glad some darkness is preserved.

Attached Files: