YSL "Elle Shocking" Fragrance : Anna Selezneva by Terry Richardson

sethii

Reaction score

snap by debora25 from Marieclaire France (April)

Anna looks beautiful! :heart:
But the concept looks boring.

^This is a different Fragrance I think, Coco is for "Elle", and this is "Elle Intense".

Last edited by a moderator:
anna

i am so happy for her. shes earned it but the picture looks a little bluh.

Anna might be replacing Coco?! As coco was seen advertising Elle Intense in this tiny image I Googled up:
ysl_elle_intense_top.jpg

she is too photoshoped in this shot, not sure if I like it

I've never seen her looking that beautiful... however I don't like the idea, and since it's Terry, so much more could have been done :rolleyes::innocent:

^This is a different Fragrance I think, Coco is for "Elle", and this is "Elle Intense".

wrong

it's basically the same, but spiced up. when other fragrance companies release more "intense" or updated versions of their fragrances, they keep the model and take a different shot or reshoot, so the image isn't too different (Beyonce: Hilfiger, Armani; Eva Green: Dior; Gwyneth Paltrow: Estee Lauder). consumers identify a product with the spokesperson, so this will totally throw them off track. therefore, their choice to replace Coco for this new girl is a bewildering move.

But there never was a proper ad campaign for elle intense with Coco. The shot they used was the same as the FW 0809 maquillage campaign.
I have only recently bought 'Elle' and Coco is even on the packaging.

which is why i find it strange that there's another girl for Intense... i was expecting them to use another shot from the original Elle campaign or a reshoot.

elleintense08.jpg
imagesdeparfums.fr

original campaign for Elle
yslelle.jpg

perfumeguide.co.uk

i mean, both shots DO look similar. still wondering WHY there's a totally new girl for a flanker.

Hrm, sometimes I just don't get them. The whole YSL beauty departement has been represented by Coco the last few seasons. On their website there are videos where she praises the products, she's the face of the maquillage, the beauty line and elle fragrance including a commercial.
I even saw Coco's intense ad numerous times in print.

I feel this new campaign is kind of a downgrade, Coco fits the campaign better for me than Anna ^_^:heart:

I love Anna, but Coco's ads do represent the label better.

Seems like the name of the fragrance is just "Elle" instead of Elle Intense,
and also the change of Coco to Anna coincides with the bottle redesign

I take back my words of the campaign being a downgrade, I think Anna suits the Elle
fragrance perfectly as well and both Coco & Anna work it in their own ways :flower:

ysl

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->