YSL Mens S/S 05

capt.fwd111b20040708jpg.jpg

thats adorable and so VERY sexy -and very YSL- to me.. love it, Pilati is putting a great performance for YSL Homme i just pray he will do the same for YSL Rive Gauche :heart:

on topic.. :blush:

Yves Saint Laurent –— no fan of the Tom Ford era at his namesake fashion house — has given an enthusiastic seal of approval to Ford’s successor, Stefano Pilati. “I feel liberated,” Saint Laurent declared Thursday night at a cocktail party at Loulou de la Falaise’s boutique. In fact, Saint Laurent said Pilati has already showed him some designs for his upcoming spring collection — and the retired couturier plans to attend his debut women’s show in October. “I’m completely confident in him,” he said. “He’s a real worker.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yves and Loulou de La Falaise at her sweet cosy and VERY Parisian boutique :flower:

that quotation from ysl just bugs the hell out of me...i better be BLOWN AWAY by mr. pilati's collection for women bc this mens collection is a simple commercial rehash of predictable ysl. i can't say i don't like it because there's nothing NOT to like here...just a reiteration of a lot of things i LIKED that people criticized tom ford turning out.

A thousand thanks , runner , for this comprehensive range of pics :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Homme has returned to its roots :flower: :flower: :flower:

' Monsieur St. Laurent ' is justly overjoyed :wink: :wink: ;

KIT :innocent:

i actually like it, its not my style, but its very YSL, and there are some nice pieces

thanks for the pictures runner,
i actually like most of the collection,
mainly the slouchy 'sport' jackets, his choice of soft yellow
and those (hmmm) sandals

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jul 16 2004, 09:17 AM
that quotation from ysl just bugs the hell out of me...i better be BLOWN AWAY by mr. pilati's collection for women bc this mens collection is a simple commercial rehash of predictable ysl.  i can't say i don't like it because there's nothing NOT to like here...just a reiteration of a lot of things i LIKED that people criticized tom ford turning out.
[snapback]311755[/snapback]​
I feel exactly, I mean Exactly the same way! Why is everyone raving about this return to what YSL mens was about? I don't get it in the slightest. YSL mens under Ford was the exact same mood as this collection seems to be. Dandy suiting with a modern edge. I felt the same way about Tom's collections as I do about this, very nice suiting and dresswear, not necessarily my style, but nothing terrible.
As I said, I just don't get why everyone is so thrilled with what Pilati's shown...........

As far as Yves goes, I'm beyond sick of hearing him trash Ford for whatever reasons he can think of while at the same time praising Pilati........classless and bitchy are two words that come to mind when describing Yves, I have total respect for him as a designer, but now that he no longer is designing, he can shove his catty comments where the sun don't shine.

Originally posted by Spike413@Jul 16 2004, 03:47 PM
I feel exactly, I mean Exactly the same way! Why is everyone raving about this return to what YSL mens was about? I don't get it in the slightest. YSL mens under Ford was the exact same mood as this collection seems to be. Dandy suiting with a modern edge. I felt the same way about Tom's collections as I do about this, very nice suiting and dresswear, not necessarily my style, but nothing terrible.
As I said, I just don't get why everyone is so thrilled with what Pilati's shown...........

As far as Yves goes, I'm beyond sick of hearing him trash Ford for whatever reasons he can think of while at the same time praising Pilati........classless and bitchy are two words that come to mind when describing Yves, I have total respect for him as a designer, but now that he no longer is designing, he can shove his catty comments where the sun don't shine.
[snapback]311915[/snapback]​

Pilati is much much closer to YSL style than tom ford ever was, tom ford made it seem campy and over sexed , this is much more refined

I beg to differ....

Am I the only one who sees any similarities?

Sebastien Andrieu is so sexy. He'd been looking haggard lately but looks like he got nice and fresh for the YSL show.

I really liked the clothing. Very simple, very YSL, with no tacky obvious luxury or sexuality. A nice return to classic YSL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->