YSL Mens S/S 05

What I'm a little confused about is, why is everyone saying that Pilati's style is much more YSL, doesn't it stand to reason that if Ford hired him, they might have shared some common takes on fashion? I mean, would somebody hire a person to be one of the heads of design if their visions were totally different? I mean, we haven't seen a full collection from Pilati for womens and the mens, as I've said, doesn't seem very different to me, don't you think there's a chance that Pilati won't be good?
Monsieur Saint Laurent obviously didn't think of that option since all he's done since Pilati took over was praise him and say how in tune to the YSL spirit he is. He does know that Pilati worked closely with Ford doesn't he?

I mean, would somebody hire a person to be one of the heads of design if their visions were totally different?

its only a matter of direction in case you cant see that eg: my assistant may work in a completly different direction than me when she's directing her own label.

why dont you people move on from Tom Ford?
is that too hard?
Why do we have to go back to what Ford did or did not do?

he's history as far as YSL & Gucci are concerned , bye bye Tom :P
move on kids :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 17 2004, 12:46 AM
its only a matter of direction in case you cant see that eg: my assistant may work in a completly different direction than me when she's directing her own label.

why dont you people move on from Tom Ford?
is that too hard?
Why do we have to go back to what Ford did or did not do?

he's history as far as YSL & Gucci are concerned , bye bye Tom :P
move on kids :flower:
[snapback]312054[/snapback]​

LENA :heart: :heart: :heart:

Right on baby B) B) B)

KIT :innocent:

im feeling the 70's vibe except the weird blue coat worn with white trousers in the 2nd lot of photos. The denim suit is a hit! I still prefer Tom Ford's sleek ysl though

The one look that's bothering me is the tux.......I don't know what it is, but it looks a little to 70's, but very literally, mabye it's the way that the vest is cut and the size of the bowtie.

I had not visted tis post for a while and then i come back and see pics that are new. I have one thing to say:

I LOVE THIS sh*t!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Fabulous...it all looks like Pilati took it straight out of Yves' wardrobe (which is by far my favourite wardrobe)...

The trouser cuts caught my eye so far as his taste differing from Tom's.

I think that it is very imporant to reference the past designer when a succession within a house has taken place. The logic behind a new and fitting king for YSL is important in establishing brand loyalty and should we choose to draw comparisons and contrasts between the old and the new, we might further understand the choice.

great points Marchioness, a warm welcome to tFS :flower:

Thank you Lena. I came by request of mehg to give it a shot and I rather like it here.

you are very welcome March , feel at home : )

Originally posted by Spike413@Jul 16 2004, 11:07 PM
What I'm a little confused about is, why is everyone saying that Pilati's style is much more YSL, doesn't it stand to reason that if Ford hired him, they might have shared some common takes on fashion? I mean, would somebody hire a person to be one of the heads of design if their visions were totally different?
[snapback]312032[/snapback]​

take a look at stella mccartney and phebe philo...they obviously worked together at chloe and while phoebe worked FOR stella...it has become clear to the world that phoebe is in fact more talented...can you not concede that this may also be possible here?...

whether or not you like this collection...it is indeed more in keeping with the YSL aesthetic...and therefore 'more YSL'...that's all everyone is basically saying...the fact that everyone else is saying basically the same thing should tell you that perhaps they see something you do not...maybe you should take another look?...

personally...i am not all that fond of this look...a bit too fussy for my taste...tassles on shoes?...
i mean REALLY?!?!.... :rolleyes: :blink: :ninja: ...

:wink: :flower:

I dunno, I mean, I can see some difference of course, but to me the overall feel of the collection seems very similar.

Overall though, I don't like it, for much of the same reasons I didn't like the collections Ford did while at YSL, somewhat boring for my tastes and a little too retro.......I guess YSL mens just isn't "cool" enough for me, mabye my dad....... :innocent: I definitly agree with you on that grey, fussy is definitly a good word to describe it.

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 20 2004, 06:02 PM
take a look at stella mccartney and phebe philo...they obviously worked together at chloe and while phoebe worked FOR stella...it has become clear to the world that phoebe is in fact more talented...can you not concede that this may also be possible here?...

the differences in the merchadise was immediately noticeable when stella left. we stopped getting toylike chloe and we got serious clothes...it's not a fair comparison.

you will not hear me say this is not a ysl collection; you will not hear me say that pilati and tom ford are the same person; but in pilati's first collection we're seeing the same thing we saw under ford. sure, the styling's different (i mean this wasn't even a runway presentation) -- tom ford's signature styling is sex, but the clothes are the same.

Well I don't think it's just the styling...the clothes overall seem to have lost some of the cheesy/over-slick/sexy and have taken on a kind of geeky French eccentric air which is closer to the spirit of YSL. It's not a complete transformation but that kind of left-bank-intellectual-geek spirit seems to be more present here than it ever was in Ford's collections...

Let's call a truce on this and be overjoyed that YVES SAINT LAURENT RIVE GAUCHE HOMME has NOT fallen back into the rubbish doldrums of the middle and late 80s and the early and middle 90s , thanks to Hedi Slimane , Tom Ford and now , Stefano Pilati . :wink:

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL :heart: :heart: :heart:

KIT :innocent:

YSL.jpg

Thanks for the pic , RUNNER :flower:

This definitely recalls the 1977 , 1978 YSL Rive Gauche Homme collections .

Those trips to Avenue Marceau have paid off for Stefano !!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

KIT :P

Which YSL men's line used to have an orange label with maroon writing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->