Yves Saint Laurent F/W 04.05 Paris

ebowleg

Reaction score
The one and only Tom Ford...

capt.par16503072052.france_fashion_par165.jpg

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 8th, 2004 - 12:15 am
haha he looks cross-eyed! :lol: What an unflattering picture.
:lol: :lol: i know.. it must be all those camera fashing around him poor thing :P

well, he looks slightly cross eyed here as well

capt.par16703072053.france_fashion_par167.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats so true, but I LOVE that jacket it's like an updated verison of the one Trish Goff wore in the fall/winter 1996 Gucci womens fashion show.

Originally posted by VersaceW11@Mar 7th, 2004 - 4:33 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats so true, but I LOVE that jacket it's like an updated verison of the one Trish Goff wore in the fall/winter 1996 Gucci womens fashion show.
Velvet jackets are so beautiful... :heart:

oh my god...I love what i have seen so far...that black suit, the hair :heart:

Haha I think it's so funny we all love his jacket so much.....Heres a pic of the one that I was talking about.

Originally posted by loserunit+Mar 8th, 2004 - 12:43 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loserunit @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 12:43 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Mar 7th, 2004 - 4:30 pm

capt.par16703072053.france_fashion_par167.jpg
god i want this jacket a loot. [/b][/quote]
well, try either the gucci or the ysl men for fw05
he had all these kind of 70s 'waiter' tuxedos :wink:

the few looks posted here are certainly the closest he had been to the ysl mood
ironic to be his last collection for ysl

i can see striking similarities in the way both TF and Julien MD decided to stage their farewells with a real homage to the Houses they've been working with for such a long time...

once again, better late than never :innocent:

Originally posted by VersaceW11@Mar 7th, 2004 - 5:08 pm
Haha I think it's so funny we all love his jacket so much.....Heres a pic of the one that I was talking about.
Gorgeous! :wub:

I have that red Gucci Suit...& im wearing it today in honor of tom ford!!!! i just realized u were talking about it :rolleyes:

:flower:
PARIS (Reuters) - American designer Tom Ford on Sunday painted the catwalk red in a flamboyant farewell show at Yves Saint Laurent, sealing a decade which saw him climb to the pinnacle of fashion on a heady cocktail of glamour and sex.

With a standing ovation, guests mourned the end of an era summed up by Ford's glitzy designs for Italian leather house Gucci and his sensual reworking of the Saint Laurent myth.

In his last collection under the auspices of luxury goods maker Gucci Group, which owns YSL, the designer paid homage to China with military-style satin cropped jackets and cheongsam evening gowns that glimmered with a thousand sequins.

"It was a dazzlingly opulent statement," said U.S. Vogue editor-at-large Andre Leon Talley. "He ended on an up note."

Models paraded in jewel-colored peplum jackets with peaked shoulders paired with figure-hugging pencil skirts with curled lace motifs that were vintage Ford.

The Texan rose through the fashion ranks swiftly and anonymously before exploding into the public consciousness in 1995 with a retro-style Gucci collection that caught the eye of Madonna (news - web sites) and Gwyneth Paltrow (news).

In less than a year, the label zoomed from has-been to must-have, with the notoriously perfectionist Ford controlling everything from packaging to advertising campaigns.

Five years later, he also snatched the reins at Saint Laurent, where his updated versions of the black peasant blouse and women's tuxedo spawned a thousand high street imitations.

Retailers have predicted a run on his final collections, set to become instant collectors' items. Saint Laurent fans should rush to put their names on a waiting list for the tiered leopard-print fur coat with rounded shoulders and bell sleeves.

Ford said recently he plans to take some time off before trying his luck as a film director. Hollywood may already be knocking -- among the front row guests on Sunday was Miramax Films co-chairman Harvey Weinstein.

Photographer and close collaborator Mario Testino said he hoped the departure was not final. "Maybe he'll come back later. I don't think he'll stop, you can't stop when you get to that level," Testino told Reuters.

Magazines have been filled with nostalgic tributes to the man who used sex to sell everything from handbags to yoga mats.

As famous as the Hollywood stars he dressed for the red carpet, Ford seemed to embody the sulphurous lifestyle he peddled, with his dark good looks, five-o'clock shadow and permanently unbuttoned white shirt.

He broke taboos with "p*rno chic" advertising images that included a model with her pubic hair shaved in the shape of a Gucci logo. Industry watchers said the end of his reign marked the death of the superstar designer.

Retailer Pinault Printemps Redoute, which is taking full control of Gucci Group this month, reportedly plans to replace Ford with a quartet of little-known designers in a bid to draw attention back to the brand.

Confident to the end, Ford took his bow wearing a velvet jacket in bright red -- the Chinese color of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->