Yves Saint Laurent F/W 04.05 Paris

r1132406297.jpg
:sick:

r3436826722.jpg

this asian mood is a bit TOO tired no? :unsure:

Everything I've seen here is beautiful but I can't wait to see the rest!!! :woot: :heart:

Boo-hooo :cry: NOT! :lol:

To wittle Too Wate for the references to start coming in,non? I don't mean to spoil the sympathists party but I'm really glad he's finally gone now. Sorry but those are my heart-felt feelings :blush:

I agree with Scott. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Tom. I feel no need to get nostalgic with him, especially at YSL, where he's had one disaster after another. I can understand people getting emotional about his departure at Gucci, where he took a boring old luggage house and turned it into a hot label. But at YSL, he's done nothing spectacular.

Yea, Lena. The Chinoiserie look he's going for is about 3 seasons too late. And that dress on Gemma is :sick:.

cute colours together but this fur neckline :sick:

r104583897.jpg

ps.beautiful or not, asian chic was hot only one season ago ( see Cavalli etc etc)
its a bit too early for revival

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 1:34 am
Boo-hooo :cry: NOT! :lol:

To wittle Too Wate for the references to start coming in,non? I don't mean to spoil the sympathists party but I'm really glad he's finally gone now. Sorry but those are my heart-felt feelings :blush:
hahahaha i'm so with you scott, but if i want to be fair with Tom&Jerry..
few pieces (like the black spooky shoulders trick) are quite ok :ninja:

I was actually expecting a collection that would make me feel ashamed about what I have said about Tom Ford here in the past . :unsure: :yuk:

This is NOT such a collection : it is dreadful . :o

And that's the truth . :cry:

KIT

I always felt that his attempts at YSL had very good intentions but I also wished he just designed those things for Gucci. Gucci always seemed to have this cold sexuality to it that would have been so much better if it had the sensuality he seemed to throw only at YSL.

At the same time, I think it would have been foolish for him to go into YSL trying to...honor the same looks, I'm sorry, I know that sounds just totally wrong. YSL is sitting on his *** somewhere, he's no longer designing the collection. Whether you like it or not, time has to go on, people have to come in with new ideas. There's no reason in the world why a designer should turn a brand into some kind of museum where you essentially just pay homage to someone who had either given up the line or passed away.

Introducing contradictory elements has turned Christian Dior into a mega brand. And does anyone honestly think that Mme. Chanel would have been pleased with Karl Lagerfeld introducing looks for men on her runway??? That's totally opposite of what she was about! And yet, her philosophy beccomes all the more clear because of it, it's the right thing and the right time. Someone will come into YSL and do great things that essentially smack of what was already done at the line and everyone will be happy that yet again, the boat isn't rocked. Death to the conformists.

another Gucci leftover not too bad though :wacko:

capt.par17503072247.france_fashion_par175.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->