Yves Saint Laurent F/W 09.10 Paris

I love it, he's challenging in a completely different way than what other designer's try to. That pinstripe wool/leather look is bizarre.

What's with the gratuitous use of leather? It looks ridiculous!! And I see he just cannot let go of those grey, wool, MC Hammer pants *rolls eyes*

2lxjafq.jpg
2i9pate.jpg

20jolrq.jpg
105b1b4.jpg

Catwalking

without the underlying eroticism, it isn't Saint Laurent.

It's like he's afraid to address that facet of the YSL legacy or something. I just don't know.

I think theres an underlying sexuality, rather than eroticism, which is maybe more modern, and what Pilati can bring to YSL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuck yuck yuck! Terrible collection and it gets progressively worse with new images. Stefano amazes me with the way in which he reinvents new ways of ugliness.

And on top of this, he jumps on the 80's bandwagon!! WHY? He used to be a leader in fashion. Now he just follows trends. I'm so incredibly disappointed with him that I can't even express myself coherently!!

I am extremely disappointed.
I mean, I like some of the structured pieces and I am a big fan of volume, but this doesn't excite me, it's just boring and I think YSL would be disappointed as well. What happened to the brilliance of f/w 08? Though I will grant it is better than s/s 09.

This is the biggest disappointment of the whole fashion week. That's sad, because I love YSL and this is heartbreaking.

Thanks for posting Faith.

I think theres an underlying sexuality, rather than eroticism, which is maybe more modern, and what Pilati can bring to YSL.
Sexuality, eroticism, they're basically the same thing with some minor semantics separating the two, and I see nothing sexual in this either, unless leather is somehow interesting again as a subversion tactic.

This lineup isn't just boring, it's downright clinical. There's really nothing interesting about it, not in the proportions, not in the textures, certainly not in the colors (which is another area that Pilati doesn't seem interested in addressing for the past 2 years) and not in some grand statement that the collection is making.

There's no passion in what he's been doing lately, it's all so careful and calculated and that's so not what YSL is all about.

Love the 2nd to last look and the last picture in post #67.
And that's about it..

This is a disappointment for me, i usually like Pilatis work and think he is a true talent, however its not working for me this time, apart from a nice dress or two.

When I saw the first few pics I thought I was really gonna like it...a prefect clash of femininity and masculinity. But now that I have seen the whole collection, it's still a clash, but masculinity won and is screwing femininity over. Which is not positive. I have to see though I do like the leather at time, and that fabric on Tao and in that bodice on Alla (what is that exactly?)

And it seems that I am the only one that likes the bathing suit on Trentini :ninja: *hides*

This is clearly a full interpretation of YSL's classical power-dressing spirit. But I somehow felt a gap that made the apparent boldness to disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->