Yves Saint Laurent F/W 11.12 : Raquel Zimmermann by Inez & Vinoodh

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
memo-fendi04.jpg

PARIS COMMUNE: Stefano Pilati, who showed his cruise collection for Yves Saint Laurent in New York earlier this month, also made that American city the backdrop for YSL’s upcoming fall advertising. The designer had Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin photograph model Raquel Zimmermann on the 31st floor of a building in Midtown, juxtaposing the French collection’s graphic lines with a backdrop of multicolored skyscrapers. The images are slated to break in August titles.
wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fantastic shot. I was prepared to be bored stiff (and I'm not ruling out the possibility that I still will be as we see more) but I'm pleasantly surprised.

I love it. It sure caught my attention. Her face is looking a bit pale, nonetheless, gorgeous.

Amazing, striking, etc. Althought it's bordering to a Chloé ad for me.

Fantastic shoot, she looks devine. I'm not so sure if i like the background.

She looks kinda lost. I don't like the background.

I actually like background. It's a great juxtaposition to snow white Raquel.

I think it's very disconnected... you can't see her eyes, the body has no shape... her arms are lost in the coat... I don't like it.

I'm adoring this. It exudes so much sophistication. The setting, the hair, Raquel, the posing....it's perfect!

...with a backdrop of multicolored skyscrapers.

I don't think this is the final product considering the description doesn't quite match the image.

Love this! The concept seems fresh and exciting! It also reminds me of Jurgen Tellers work for YSL :heart:

It's so lux! The infrastructure really is quite genius. Raquel just kills shots like these.

I love it!! You can't do wrong with Raquel, she nails it every time!!!:heart:

hmm i'm not so keen with that infrastructure backdrop; if they chose that element to inspire a juxtaposition between the backdrop and that of Pilati's not so graphic designs for the collection then it really does nothing for me. however i love Raquel in this, she looks like a vampire with a penchant for white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->