Yves Saint Laurent 'Libre' Fragrance 2019 : Dua Lipa by Nabil Elderkin

Is

That

Arial?

I was like 'what does he mean? Is the photography aerial?'...then i burst out laughing.

Yes, it's all about THE MASSIVE FONT....featuring Dua Lipa. I do like her beauty shots though. Can't wait for her makeup campaigns to eventually come out.

It's pretty solid imagery. Makes me curious to know more.

Couldn't care less about Dua Lipa, think she brings zilch to Yves Saint Laurent and certainly brings nothing to this dire campaign. The desert setting and fire lettering has been done to death.

Nevertheless, I did immediately love the design of the bottle, think it's rather beautiful and timeless - and come to think of it, cannot recall a single YSL perfume bottle that I have loathed or thought looked inexpensive (perhaps Manifesto?).

YSL perfume campaigns used to show women in the throes of ecstasy or as the height of sophistication.

Now it's just slack-jawed girls who look like they're putting up with the stink of the perfume for the sake of the money.

She’s gorgeous but she just doesn’t photograph well.

I like it especially the styling. A model is best suited to this type of concept but by celeb standards she rocked it.

The bottle is really nice. A still life campaign could have been much better than having... her.

The bottle is beautiful, the campaing is very dark and steal life of the bottle.

It's really all about the bottle, huh. Did they choose Dua so that she won't overshadow it?

She would be better as the face of a Versace fragrance. I’m almost always a fan of her custom looks.

For some reason this campaign doesn’t work for me, although I think the bottle design looks great. I have a hard time seeing here associated with YSL, be it under the l’Oréal license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->