Yves Saint Laurent Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by j'adorekapusta, Jan 22, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. j'adorekapusta

j'adorekapusta New Member

[​IMG]
    www.iht.com

2. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Sounds...bizarre? The clothes...or should I say outfit...looks very Hedi Slimane/ Dior Homme.

Come on Stefano...almost all the other menswear shows this week have been fairly manly...what is up with this extremely boyish look you have here? This seems very out of step with the rest of the season so far.

But then again, it's only one look. I'll reserve all further judgments until the entire collection is seen.

3. VICTIM

VICTIM Active Member

whats wrong with being out of step, why would you want to look like another collection?

4. rangerrick14

rangerrick14 New Member

I for one love the boyish look. Leave the manly stuff to Armani and Ralph Lauren. Those manly looks are not great looks for alot of fashion male fans. I got into mens' fashion because of Hedi and his hustler boy look. I love that mens' fashion always has a tinge of femininity. Prada with her midriff baring looks for men last season were wonderful. Boo to boxy suits

5. dior_couture1245

^^I'm not saying he should make a collection that looks like everybody else's or is personality-less, it just feel a bit passé, this whole grungy teenage boy look. Hedi owned it, and now that he isn't designing anymore, I feel like that look is over.

And what's even more strange is that up until this point, Stefano has always designed sophisticated, adult collections for YSL Homme, so why, all of a sudden this 17-year-old urchin look?

I didn't/ don't hate the Hedi Slimane aesthetic - his "hustler boy" look - however, I just think it's getting tired.

#5 dior_couture1245, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Paralled: Jan 22, 2009
  6. ilaughead

ilaughead New Member

Video's on the website, if that hasn't been said already...

7. j'adorekapusta

well, to be honest, it's hard to say anything about Pilati's vision considering only one image (and hey! it's Ash. i do doubt this boy can look something not grungy and hedi slimane-sque). i'd love to see the whole show, even more so as Pilati has such a great sense of fabrics for his mens collections. let's just wait...

8. j'adorekapusta

oh, thank you!:flower:
    *off to the ysl.com*

9. ilaughead

ilaughead New Member

...and Suzy wasn't kidding when she said orgasmic. But, of course, it wasn't the voice-over climaxing, it was the model. So I'm giving a thumbs-down on the stereotypically French cinema there.

However, I'm too excited to see the rest of the clothes. I'm in love with that one look, and I am SOO ready for a Slimane revival. Already. As if it were ever gone.

10. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

the hedi slimane look is being over done soo much as we speak , I guess pilati succumbed to it , but I expected him to be a visionary rather than a follower his early menswear collections were awesome , now its just plain weird.

11. Bonaparte

Bonaparte New Member

The video is intruiging.

Must see more.

12. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

i strongly agree , ever most mens designers are churning out copies of the look he created several years ago , even pilati and its getting soo stale . I just saw the movie on their website , its bizarre and weird ,some homeless looking dude who looks like he is about to cry talking about fabrics in poetic prose ??? WTF :huh:

13. TraiT

TraiT New Member

I don't get the video in the website. I almost fell asleep, sorry. Not for now.

I'm more used to viewing them.

14. dior_couture1245

^^Yeah...the video is extremely pretentious.

15. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

well i enjoyed the film myself. reminded me of master derek jarman a bit. and michael pitt is a wonderful actor and his expressions...beatutiful,lustfully sensual expressions....were intoxicating. it's a funny thing to hear the clothes as a metaphor for sex. but you know what they say,you can't separate it.

16. j'adorekapusta

17. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

the movie is great ....
    you would think we'll see once part of his outfits described but ... no ... never .... you just make your imagination work ....
    the text is very Olivier Saillard with a touch of erotic writting ..... Did they made the soundtrack with this text too ?

and i love all the coats in the collection ........ fabulous ....
    but the styling is a bit too much last season hit tips ....

18. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

the styling is so blah.... and i don't get those oversized blazers.

19. taz

taz MUSE

love it , love the short coats & peacoats & the way he treated wool.
    & the shoes are to die for , love the cubism trim on the sides.

by the way this collection is %100 YSL-Pilati, & has nothing to do with Hedi Sliman, it is the same vocabulry & details he created 4-6 seasons ago for YSL Homme image & he adjusted colors & fabrics every season.. check the last seasons thread guys.

20. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

When the looks don't come off as some attempt to recapture the slick, dark, severe look that Hedi did when he was at YSL, they're just plain stupid looking.

Those cropped wide-leg culotte things? Is he serious? I have a hard time picturing Stefano himself wearing those, so why on Earth would he suggest that anyone else should.

And I don't think this looks like his previous YSL menswear at all. His look was always this sort of quirky bourgeois thing, proper menswear worn with an irreverent almost dandified spirit.

#20 Spike413, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Ava Madison: Jan 23, 2009