taz

MUSE
Reaction score
from wwd:

Yves Saint Laurent Cruise 2010

by WWD Staff
Posted Tuesday May 26, 2009
From WWD.COM

For cruise, Yves Saint Laurent designer Stefano Pilati reflected the heritage of the house’s late founder: A ballooning bolero was inspired by a couture piece, and strong jewelry echoed the bohemian...
ysl_resort06.jpg

ysl_resort04.jpg

wwd
I couldn't access the full article & the rest of the images .. if anyone can please do ...:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
So far it looks very promising, the ballooning bolero is wonderful!

boring...and his clothes are starting to get repititive he does the same pair of unflattering pants every season

Looks like a very different approach this season. After F/W's severity, I'm excited.

There's one more photo from WWD. I really love this, really beautiful shape, it actually looks better than few last Stefano's collections :lol:

ysl_resort02.jpg

wwd.com

Can't wait to see more! I've been so busy I rely on tfs to round up all the images! Thanks everyone!

Ahaha, I actually managed to find a way to cheat WWD. I only changed the number of pics from the basic link et voilà, here we go ^_^

ysl_resort01.jpg
ysl_resort02.jpg

ysl_resort03.jpg
ysl_resort04.jpg

ysl_resort05.jpg
ysl_resort06.jpg

ysl_resort07.jpg
ysl_resort08.jpg

ysl_resort09.jpg
ysl_resort10.jpg

wwd.com

I love it!
That orange trench is delish, I want it; as well as that white pencil skirt with the sheer top. Love it!
Those bags are amazing. Great cruise collection!

loving it!!!! beautiful cruise collection and that pouff bolero...gorgeous!!!

Looks great. Stefano's Pre-Fall and Cruise collections are continually getting better than his mainline...his FW and SS collections are so terrible nowadays. I see color, sensuality and a general easiness to this collection. His SS and FW collections have not possessed any of those qualities for the last few years, which is so sad.

Although...he really needs to come up with a new pair of pants. SERIOUSLY, Stefano. You've been doing the same pair of pants since SS 07. That's almost 3 years of high-waisted, baggy, peg leg, harem pants at the house of YSL...give 'em a rest.

Well it's nice to see he still remembers what colors are, and the look of this is very refreshing after all the recent severity he's been championing, but it's also kind of a jarring change. YSL is starting to feel a little unfocused.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into a pre-collection, but it'd be nice to see him finally manage to address all the facets of YSL instead of one at a time.

wow! this is way better than his RTW collections

Very nice collection love that green dress with the big sleeves I hope this is a glimpse of whats to come in his rtw collection for spring, I havent been crazy about his collection in quite a few seasons now.

I need that orange trench :wub: Lovely collection, not sure about pants

Well its not amazing but its definately pretty and practical which I guess what Resort is all about. I love the orange trench and the teal dress.

But Pilati still needs to find something new.

wow,it is so different from the usual YSL's look. and it is much better than the SS09&FW09 RTW colletions, very chic. love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->