Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche F/W 2003.04 Paris

Kelsey

Reaction score
I had to check three times to see if I've spelled it correctly! What does Rive Gauche mean?

I like this very much. It's ROYAL, you know! The colors, and fabric...royal blue, you see!!! But it's not OLD. I mean, it looks like it’s from now! It's very fancy but not old fashioned.

Note from Moderator
The pictures originally posted have had their urls change - for full collection please go to page 3 :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to check three times to see if I've spelled it correctly! What does Rive Gauche mean

It means the river bank to the left of the Seine. I hope this makes sense :oops:

the colours were nice but i didn't like the collection. not to mention the hair and make-up. what is tom doing to YSL? :?

the make up doesnt appeal to me either. but i do like the colors used in the collecton...they remind me of dynasty for some reson :? :oops: i really like a few pieces, the 2 short red dresses and the velvet jacket w/ bow :wub:

I was completely flabbergasted and still am absolutely bowled over by this remarkably pretty collection. So many things were just perfect.

I think I've been hexed. Literally, my inner lunatic spits and scowls at just the memories from both YSL and Gucci Spring 2003. In a span of five months, how did these brakes engage to suppress such venomous momentum?

icon_deal.gif
I have no problem with retractions.

(
stern.gif
excuse me for only a second, please...
whatsthat.gif
bigups.gif
... Thanks.)

I completely eat ( :o Fine! :roll: And promise to keep down) my words from last October. I have no idea how he did it, but by mixing-and-matching or cutting-and-pasting elements from both Gucci and a YSL influence, Tom Ford rearranged things just so to offer two very separate and very lovely strong collections.

:unsure: Hmmm... this change must've begun right around the time he
ditched his previously de rigueur uniform :shifty: , I wonder if... :lol:

Honestly! Cheers to him! :mrgreen:

I adore his YSL Rive Gauche collection especially.

To me, it outfits a lethally clad, perfectly modern weekend afternoon tea. :evil:

I was completely flabbergasted and still am absolutely bowled over by this remarkably pretty collection. So many things were just perfect.

:

Oh my. I totally agree.

This reminds me of Gosford Park for some reason :wub: I love this movie. Sex, the time period, the aristocracy..it's all here! :wub: :wub: And the eye makeup! :wub: :wub:

I had to check three times to see if I've spelled it correctly! What does Rive Gauche mean

It means the river bank to the left of the Seine. I hope this makes sense :oops:
yves named it that to reflect the brand, the 'rive gauche' area was a bit hipper and younger than the haute couture area (i forgot what the name was)

:smile:

it's got the essence of ysl in it, which i am liking even more than ever (especially after seeing this)

:lol: I completly agree ,I love tout from this collection!!!!!
Tom Ford showed us perfection the last couple of seasons both fo YSL AND Gucci!
:wub:

Loved the MAKEUP.. Love the smokey SEXY look.. loved the COLOURS, LOVED the Collection.. Seemed so RAW.. and in your face! ... hmmmm I like it!!!

I really like the collection overall ... he does this thing on the bust that I hate ... I mean ... if I could just forget about it ... I would be truly-madly-deeply into this YSL!

I :wub: the jewel colors. And the shapes are very feminine. Beautiful collection 8)

Originally posted by Abril@Mar 11th, 2003 - 8:23 pm
the colours were nice but i didn't like the collection. not to mention the hair and make-up. what is tom doing to YSL? :?
I know what you mean. What is Tom thinking? I didn't realize I'd miss YSL as much as I do. :cry:

T'is theatrics on a stick. Instantly indentifiable (the genre) if nothing else. Classic attention to histoire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->