feminine, classic, elegant and sexy......these clothes are made for me :blush:

00030f.jpg
00070f.jpg

00090f.jpg
00120f.jpg

the evening gowns are very disappointing though :(
he could've done better.

00320f.jpg

I definitely agree this is the best peice :smile: I liked this collection better than Gucci!

gorgeux!!! :heart: :heart: Love those dresses just posted especially, the ruffles are over the top but work really well

:blink:
seems that wwd is missing the champagne reception and those belly buttons :innocent:
quite an out of tune report :innocent:

Yves Saint Laurent: Quelle difference. We’re not in Tom Ford Slick Seductionville anymore. Rather, it’s difficult to imagine that the person who designed the Yves Saint Laurent collection shown on Sunday night worked side by side with Ford for years. That’s because, in his inaugural effort for the house, Stefano Pilati turned 180 degrees, getting woefully lost at a crossroads between the Saint Laurent archive and mid-Eighties 530 Seventh Avenue.

Anyone accustomed to Ford’s pre-show champagne reception and the comfort of the tony black padded sofas set up under his grand black tent at the Musee Rodin couldn’t help but utter a nostalgic sigh over the switch to the everyman’s venue of the Bourse, arranged with basic ballroom chairs, not a tray-wielding waiter in sight. But that was hardly the only change. “I wanted to add a touch of femininity,” Pilati said of his clothes during a Saturday morning preview. “I wanted to make the silhouette more comfortable, easier. And I’m a bit tired of nudity, sick of G-strings and belly buttons.” He also said he chose simple fabrics — piques, classic taffetas — because in the past, “everything became about the details and embellishments. I wanted something more comfortable.”

All of which sounds like code for less sex and more accessible clothes, less expensive to produce than those Ford championed during his tenure at the house. Asked if this were true, Pilati replied, “Of course. We’re not in the best shape.”

Fair enough. But that hardly explains his bonanza of polkadots, or choice of a “Proustian” bubble-hipped, bustle-back pleated skirt as the collection’s dominant shape. Pilati showed this over and over, in wispy chiffons and sturdy cottons, even knock-around khaki, often with small peplumed jackets cinched with wide belts. He also touched on safari and did a particularly peculiar turn — or turns — with stiff, swirling eveningwear right out of a Nouvelle Society lampoon. The mood tickled at least one audience member, Pierre Bergé, who said the designer had “returned to Saint Laurent’s spirit. It wasn’t Ford’s kind of imposed, fascist-style statement.”

Nor was it a look with currency. True, when Pilati accepted this job, he accepted a mandate along with it. As Saint Laurent president Mark Lee told WWD last week, the company strategy includes putting greater emphasis on daywear as well as exploiting the house classics — le smoking, safari, even logos — because “big volume depends on icons.” A reasonable position. But being a successful designer at a major house depends on having your way with the iconography — and knowing when to say no. If Gucci Group intends to keep Saint Laurent positioned “against the leading French luxury houses,” as Lee said, Pilati will have to develop a hearty, modern look and the resolve to say no to the suits when he thinks they’re wrong. On the other hand, if Pilati believes with conviction that this is the kind of collection on which to stake the future of Yves Saint Laurent, that’s another kind of problem.

from wwd

I actually really loved some YSL collections by Tom Ford, YSL spirit or without or whatever you call it, some pieces were absolutely amazing :heart: :ninja:

Definetly 50's and 80's, as Pilati said.

Well it is more true to the house. Not as high impact as Ford. More retro. It's a promising collection with some good, stylish pieces.

i'm sure yves is extremely happy, tom is goen so he is bound to be

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 11 2004, 03:54 AM
:blink:
seems that wwd is missing the champagne reception and those belly buttons :innocent:
quite an out of tune report :innocent:
from wwd
[snapback]393415[/snapback]​

OH MY GOD. WWD is so backward. :angry: Didn't they praise some sh*t show like Dior? and then they tear this YSL to shreds? Please! Do you know who wrote that article, Lena?

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 10 2004, 09:30 PM
i agree completely alwaysandnever :flower:
[snapback]393186[/snapback]​

:flower:!!!! :flower:!!

Now lets write for WWD in place of whomever wrote the above article...

I love this :heart: the colors are great & there isnt one outfit i wouldnt wear except for the evening gowns :innocent: and the peep toe anklestrap pumps with little marabou pom-poms are to die for in the grey/silver color :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->