Zac Posen F/W 09.10 New York

oh goodness..i have been disappointed with posen for a few seasons now...

It's an insult to compare this to Lacroix. Lacroix's collections, however psychedelic, were always cohesive.

I do see hints of Nina Ricci last season.

^^I agree...comparing this to Lacroix, even considering this a Lacroix knock-off, is offensive.

Ok, there are a few good dresses, but it's totally Nina Ricci...and the worst is that's badly imitated, lol

As tacky as this collection may be the model casting is quite good (at least I find it refreshing)

O_O
*headscratch*
ummmmm what exactly did i just see?
i know its for fall but all the clothes just seem sooo sooo heavy? and theres way to much going on. like the blazer on raquel would have been nice if it didnt have all that mess going on under it, and the dresses would have been nice if they didnt have those shoulder things or neck things or any of that extra crap lol. the dress on jourdan :innocent: and the coat on sasha :innocent:
i feel like this looks like some old russian movie lol

most of them are too mcu though there are a few nice dresses I have seen like the blue dress on post 40 and post 43 worn by raquel raquel and 5th look in post 43 on Vlada is nto bad

can we please relax?
I dont think its' bad
Lacroix does much more unwearable things than this!

I kinda like some of the pieces...

I am actually offended that Zac Posen thinks women should dress like this. Its not just that it's too costumey and not wearable, this just plain looks bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, NOW that i've seen the entire collection...it is rather...lolwut?

as always though, no matter how bad a collection is, i find a few pieces that i really like. this one is no different.

This is just bad and definitely one of the worst collections in New York this season.

i think the long sleeves are very beautiful ^_^

Granted this collection isn't that good I think some of the comments are a bit over the top and possibly hypocritical. I mean "who would wear this?" and "it looks like costume?" You could say the same about a lot of Paris fashion week:innocent:

Yes, I agree that the comments are harsh, and I don't have high expectations for New York Fashion Week. But as for costumes, I think it's all about the design concept. As I've heard before, Zac Posen certainly knows how to over-design a dress and sometimes he gets lucky and creates something good, but the majority of the time it's improperly interpreting and executing other people's concepts and it's just a mess of frill. Volume for the sake of volume and ruffles and adornments in a wanne-be demi-couture kinda way.

Either that or I'm just good at reading yours :P

Seriously, is this dude for real with this collection? Not only is it ridiculous looking, it's ugly on top of it. I mean his earliest collections when he was fresh out of school were more mature and refined looking than his have been these last few seasons.

Zac darling, Joan Crawford is dead, Mae West is dead and Barbie is too small to fit into any of this. Seems you're the only one who hasn't gotten the memo.

While in the beginning dropping out of CSM worked for him (giving him that "prodigy" buzz), this has only worked against him now. He really needed to stay in school and I don't mean "spending a weekend with Alaia". It seems like he hasn't gotten "student" projects out of his system yet.

This is what I call " TLBS". Top of the Line Bullsh*t. I don't care how many MGM legends you reference over and over again, you're not maturing Zac.

I just finished watching the video and OMG, the collection was horrible. So messy, its all over the place. The clothes are not flattering at all. Those plastic boots are hideous.. Sorry.. :ninja:

I was just wondering why people laughed when Coco walked down the runway.. And she smiled, so cute.. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
While in the beginning dropping out of CSM worked for him (giving him that "prodigy" buzz), this has only worked against him now. He really needed to stay in school and I don't mean "spending a weekend with Alaia". It seems like he hasn't gotten "student" projects out of his system yet.

This is what I call " TLBS". Top of the Line Bullsh*t. I don't care how many MGM legends you reference over and over again, you're not maturing Zac.
Bingo! :heart:

Every season I can't quite put my finger on what the underlying problem with his collections is, and here you just did. He's still stuck in that "look what I can do" phase and I doubt if he'll ever get out of it since he never had to.

I was just wondering why people laughed when Coco walked down the runway.. And she smiled, so cute.. :heart:

Somebody in the audience yelled 'Now that is a real woman' as Coco exited. No wonder everbody was laughing. :D Best part of the show apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->