Zac Posen is replacing Michael Kors as a judge on Project Runway

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by beedonaldson, Dec 18, 2012.

1. beedonaldson

beedonaldson Member

dailymail.co.uk

2. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

At last someone falls into the right place.

3. ad041715

ad041715 New Member

I always felt Michael Kors was out of place on Project Runway. He was the only real heavyweight in fashion on the judge's panel.

Zac Posen on the other hand fits quite well on this show (see mediocre). It might help revive his career, after all.

4. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

not to mention because the show is more heavily influenced by celebrity and celebrities themselves,zac is perfect. i still won't watch though. i could never get past the smugness of these people.

5. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

Downgrade. Kors brought some credibility to the show, with him gone, the show moves even further away from fashion. Not that it was that much fashion to begin with.

6. Maximilian S

Maximilian S New Member

^ More than credibility, Michael has a great personality. I don't know what kind of person Zac is but the show needs drama more than just talent to be interesting imo.

7. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ Yeah, I was thinking personality too ... I don't watch TV, but I guess y'all will be finding out if he has one :wink: How was he as a guest judge?

8. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i dunno from what i've seen and heard from zac,he tends to come across as a bit gregarious and rather pompous which seems to work on this show. so he may well fit right in since he will be given more limelight....because he loves the limelight. as for credibility,if that's what you're after i suggest not watching project runway :lol: and i am no fan of posen in the slightest,but i don't see what the difference is really apart from their ages,experience and style. both are very popular names....zac's gowns are sought after amongst the hollywood set....and both are as overrated as they come.

9. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ No, there is definitely a higher level of overratedness than Michael Kors ... I've mentioned before that he has a great fit process. I once had a tailored double-breasted wool jacket of his that fit so well it felt like wearing pajamas but looked fabulous. Many designers believe that a woman's body should fit their ideal and clothes, not the other way around. (Martin Grant is a great example of this.) I find this attitude incredibly arrogant and verging on misogynistic, but of course it's common in the fashion world. Michael Kors has a consistent vision and an excellent process, and that's more than a lot of designers--and a lot of people--can say.

10. mint condish

mint condish New Member

I love looking at Zac Posen's beautiful face and I was so tired of Michael Kors just trying to get bitchy soundbites

11. ssgghh

ssgghh New Member

His clothes are as boring to me designwise as Michael Kors´ so i think he will fit right in.
    Poject runway is a shameshow of mine,I like watching it for some reason maybe because the contestants work and have some real skills unlike in alot of the other reality shows... allthough I mostly find the whole lot ridiculous, contestants and especially the judges.

12. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Well-Known Member

He guest judged once. It was not memorable.

13. jmrmartinho

jmrmartinho Active Member

Somehow Im not surprised :lol:

14. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i hate zac posen...:judge:...

he's not in...
    he's out!...

:lol:...

*project runway has run its course...imho...

#14 softgrey, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by moderator starrb81477: Dec 20, 2012
  15. Ochi Chernye

Ochi Chernye Active Member

I agree. Both the show and Posen had their peak moments already, and it's just time for them to go.

16. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooo, I love Michaels comments! They are so witty/pointed. I'm curious how Zac is going to fill the spot. The show is mediocore, but it is amusing and I'm always curious with what the designers come up with. I want a reality show with Michael!