Zac Posen Resort 2009

gill88

Reaction score
Tennis, anyone? This season, Zac Posen transported his muse to a retro country club resort. The outcome: zany mixed prints, including a photographic floral-print skirt and a leopard-print blouse, pajama-style suits and plenty of sexy draped dresses for evening. (SOURCE WWD)
zac%2Bposen.jpg

I like a majority of it although I'm not feeling the setting and lighting. It looks a bit off.

the dresses look really nice I like almost all of them! I would give an 8 to this collection hahah I dont like the skirts and blouses that much!

he tean does the worst fabric selections ever!! season after season... now that he has finally reduced the amount of body-wrapping-wrinky-monochrome-satin he is using ugly yellow and black polka dots! the poor girl looks like a kiwi!

not as bad as it is d'habitude... but it's certainly not beautiful

oh zac-y poo,
how i love you
your clothes make me drool
you basically rule.
-_-:heart:

Basically my love for Zac Posen has not changed, and if I had the $$$ I would happily spend it on the majority of pieces in this collection. Especially those amazing dresses! :o:heart: The second to last one, and the black non-sheer ones! :D

i don't like it at all...sorry...
and i don't see any "tennis" references or anything particularly country club about it either...

How this random assortment of clothes can be called a collection is beyond me. I see a million different trains of thought going on from washed out rural romance to glamor gowns and those two hideous Bettie Page via Hot Topic leopard looks.

And no amount of talent can excuse those hideously colored pattern pieces that look one part Pocahontas costume and one part Regatta uniform.

its nice but very costumey , which is the problem with his clothes lots of the times.

i think its a nice collection, it'll probably be nicer when its on the red carpet

thanks for the pics gill88

sometimes i think empire-waist is like everything is shoved up to the top (like a muffin)
but he does it very well here

i also like this idea of flags..

the first print is horrendous...too ugly for words... that said, there are a few outfits that are stunning and seem to be his return to form...then he looses it again. oh well...

Ok ... from what Ive seen from Z Poseur this is one of his most wearable / best stuff ... its unpretentious and it works ... Ill admit theres not much of the cohesiveness -unless the count of the amout of pattern in there- .. but Im pleasantly surprised!

I think all the dresses are nice! I'm not a fan of the suits though

This is REALLY good. He seems to stand out from ALL the other American designers. That dress with the emblems on it is amazing and some of the first dresses are very graceful. But why is everything in a tennis court? None of this looks tennis-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->