Zac Posen S/S 10 New York

00990h-1--2009.09.14.20.07.13.285738_base.jpg
00970h-1--2009.09.14.20.07.37.675204_base.jpg

00880h-2009.09.14.20.09.28.1545899_base.jpg
00850h-2009.09.14.20.10.04.7608_base.jpg

the casting was mega fierce

style.it

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm by no means a Zac fan, and I'll probably never really get behind his brand of fussy femininity, but compared to a lot of his other collections there's something almost mature about this. He resisted his natural urges to go completely MGM costume vault, and that's something.

yeah its not costumey and I think its good collection ,he offered something different from other designers and yet he stuck to his style without ripping off parisian designers blatantly .

Pigs must be flying, because I actually like this collection.

i like the pops of colour... but otherwise it's just weird.

It's just for this reason why I like the collection. It's quirky. The collection has many flaws (those feather crop jackets for instance) but overall it's pretty decent, especially for Zac. I really like the lip accessories, and the last black gown on tuii (sp?) is gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. I think it's innovative. Some of the long dresses like the red one on Hana S. and the green one on Alana Z. look very luxurious.
I like the pop art influence.

Loving the lighting of this show, the color, and the casting. The black gown on Tiiu is stunning.

I am a huge Posen fan but this just looks cheap and garish to me.

It lacks the fusion of modern craftsmanship and elegance that I've come to expect from his clothes.

This is as good as Temperley. And I don't mean it as a compliment. Old fashion or what?

Tacky on tacky, sprinkled with more tacky. Aka, typical Zac Posen.

There's no way in hell that Zac designed this collection... Impossible.

i'm starting to think that Zac Posen and Chritian Siriano are actually on some sort of competition to see who does the tackiest. zac posen obviously wins, but maybe it's unfair to compare them... he's got so much experience to have developed his very own tackiness

I have a lot of mixed feeling about this collection, Its not at all what i expected of Zac and is probably my least fav collection hes done, some of it looks cheap and the prints are just garish but there a few interesting pieces and colors, ultimately I think it will come down to the styling of the pieces in editorials. the last glittery dresses do intrique me though they are a bit costumey.

eww again. there's something wrong with this season's nyfw. i haven't fell in love for not one single collection. and when zac posen looks better than marc jacobs then that means that there's something wrong with the world xD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"