Zac Posen ss 05

I spose there were some good moments...but no overriding continuity...
00150f.jpg
00160f.jpg

00170f.jpg
00270f.jpg

00290f.jpg
00330f.jpg

someone needs to seriously get rid of Naomi...plez!!!

The clothes were ok imo. But the show gave me inspiration to do my hair like that Monday morning! :wink:

"I spose there were some good moments...but no overriding continuity..."

I agree Amelie.

uhhhhhhh....i hate it when shows are divded by black and white and then color. it seems so... :sick: to me personally.

like that ralph lauren show. gosh. the only show that hasn't bothered me that did it was the alexander mcqueen show the pirate one. at least it wasn't like black and white and color, it was subtle and tasteful.

I agree with metal-on-metal.

You see, I (like some members) did think he did some passable pieces, from the otherwise bland show. It looks well-made too up close. Though the fact that "there is a total lack of continuity and I think he believes he can just present 40 pretty looks each season and not worry about developing an overriding theme" makes me have nothing for this collection.

Also, style.com gets (a portion of) its' review right by saying "The orange fantail coat and the patchwork-and-pastiche dresses needed to shed some of their excess."

The black dresses have this-been-there-done-that feel and the details are not placed that well.

hehe in those Missoni (sorry to even compare) like dresses, its like he was on an acid trip in a Seurat painting...

I would wear the ruffle dress though! Kind of marc jacobsy though.

i am again pleased with zac posen's growth shown in this collection. what i think most people are reacting to is actually the main strength in this collection. this is highly sophisticated sportswear for the neiman marcus crowd. with a strong selling machine behind these clothes, i could see it flying off the shelves not necessarily in manhattan, but in dallas, houston, st. louis, chicago, and all of those people online who have access to neimanmarcus.com. these were very good basics and excellent attention-grabbers. could have been styled a little better (but you must admit the girls looked good and i like this better than the "blitzen" idea last season)

Overall I :heart: it. don't feel the first three though.

On second glance, there are a couple of looks I rather like. That black suit on Karolina is nice, nothing goundbreaking or new, but I really like it. That black dress on Naomi is also nice, again, nothing new but pretty. And I love the color of the dress Caroline is wearing.

The stripey t-shirt on the top right picture:

Major Gaultier rip-off alert!

some are good some bad but i m not feeling the 1st lot @ all i mean he makes kk lok like a house wife
the white pieces are very good though

00030f.jpg
00110f.jpg

00150f.jpg

Zac Posen's shows always have killer makeup & hair, half care-free, half socialite-esque, and totally for the girl on the go. Design-wise, the Balenciaga-esque flower dresses flopped, the evening gowns did not live up to expectations, but Posen's eye for a great bias cut manifests itself in easy separates such as a white pencil skirt and a pair of fitted pants. And, this spring, are breasts in or what?

Posen realizes here a collection fresh, young, nice and perfectly calibrated in the current commercial standards. In two words, mobile and without noise, without falling in the basic for all that. :flower:

I flat out didn't like it. there was really nothing to it. the last looks were a bit scary lookin'. No? All those crazy prints put together was just not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"