Zac Wants To Meet More Men

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From British Vogue
ZAC'S BOYS

ZAC POSEN is planning to take full advantage of his new contract with Sean Combs by meeting plenty of men. Bankrolled by the all singing, all dancing, all acting rap star, Posen is hoping to add a mens line to his fashion repertoire. Having tried his hand at menswear designing jackets for David Bowie and the man formerly known as Puff Daddy, he discovered a passion. "I learned a lot about tailoring when I did an internship in London while I was in college," he said. "Becoming partners with Sean will further help to grow my brand and the infrastructure of the company. I definitely want to launch a lower-price women's line and a men's collection." Once the deal was signed though, Posen has his immediate priorities absolutely straight. "Eat and get some sleep," he laughed. (April 28 2004, AM)

No comment. :innocent:

Does anybody predict he will be OVAH(!)in a couple seasons to come? I think so. Tailor? HA!! Of what I have seen so far,he's an awful cutter.

Oh for f**ks sake will he stop!!!! I hardly see any women wearing his clothes.....does he really think men will wanna wear his crap (I know I don't)

I admire his women's dreses, though I will afree the lad is overhyped. He could well turn into another Misrahi--some talent, but his ego got away from him.

Teaming up with P.PuffDiddySeanJohnPuffyDaddyCombs isn't a top way to buy credibility, however. Everyone knew the SeanJohn line was just Combs scraping the bottom of the barrel for a little more money. Even Hilfiger is better than SeanJohn, and Hilfiger makes my head explode. What is so damn wrong with FuBu if you must...?

it's funny because zac is now riding the publicity train...there are ways that sean john could invest in his line without it getting this much press.

in the next five years, i see zac posen becoming another marc jacobs...he's got age, money, and celebrity on his side.

Sean John and Zac Posen connection is not great, i'd have to say! but don't fault Zac for wanting to design menswear, i mean which designer these days doesn't want to expand his/her business!

Originally posted by As You Like It@May 1st, 2004 - 12:14 pm
the lad is overhyped. He could well turn into another Misrahi--some talent, but his ego got away from him.

i agree... :flower:
quote from mikeijammes..."in the next five years, i see zac posen becoming another marc jacobs...he's got age, money, and celebrity on his side."

...i honestly can't see that happening...

Originally posted by mikeijames@May 1st, 2004 - 12:44 pm
it's funny because zac is now riding the publicity train...there are ways that sean john could invest in his line without it getting this much press.

in the next five years, i see zac posen becoming another marc jacobs...he's got age, money, and celebrity on his side.
If only he also had talent. :innocent:

Originally posted by tealady+May 1st, 2004 - 6:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ May 1st, 2004 - 6:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeijames@May 1st, 2004 - 12:44 pm

If only he also had talent. :innocent: [/b][/quote]
I think his talent is right up there with Marc and Isaac :innocent:

He won't be meeting me, that's for sure :lol:

i personally think hes talented only that the famem seems to get to his head and probably affect his talent!

LOL... I used to have a friend who was in design school who said that Zac Posen was "A faggy queen who's father helped him to the top." :lol:

By the way, why does it seem like everyone wants him to go away?

Originally posted by ChinaLove@May 28th, 2004 - 3:21 pm
By the way, why does it seem like everyone wants him to go away?
it might be his ugly designs, but what do I know...

I think he's pretty talented but don't know if he has the staying power and talent to eventually reach Marc Jacobs status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->