Zachary Quinto Comes Out

good for him. he never hid it, but it's still nice for all others who are still on a brink...

I did not find this surprising at all. I just want to know when they're gonna start filming Star Trek 2 or has it already happened (you know J. J.'s a ninja ilke that :ninja:)?

Gays. They have special looks, you know :P

This is a joke right? There's a certain look to gay people? How offensive, ignorant and stereotypical of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm pretty sure advo's comment was a joke. As opposed to the "offensive, ignorant and stereotypical" comment she was referring to. Scroll up.

Good for Zachary. I've only seen him in Star Trek but thought he was wonderful as Spock. Seems like a nice guy too.

He was never faking it, he just never commented on it. I mean he wasn't pretending to be straight with beards nor did he ever deny being gay. Our society just sets straight as a default and just because a celebrity isn't out publicly somehow he/she is hiding it?

Anyways it's good for him to come out because of this cause but I hate the way society in general assumes that celebrities have to publicly announce their sexuality like it's newsworthy.

I wasn´t really tallking just about him in that last sentence.
Just generally about people who fake and hide what they are just because they are afraid about what people say and it is horrible that some people these days do not accept gay people...
:(:doh:

This is a joke right? There's a certain look to gay people? How offensive, ignorant and stereotypical of you.

Ehm... yes. Read what I responded to, then it probably becomes a tad bit more clear.

hedur, thanks :flower:

and he was on that show heroes too. those are the only things i'm familiar with. but good for him.....it's always best to live one's life with as much honesty and authenticity as possible. i don't really have anything against 'coming out' publicly because really that aspect is part of person's identity....they aren't actually sharing details of their personal life. i mean look at the way ellen came out....indeed initially it had negative effects but ultimately all that transpired from that became a defining moment in our culture.....and she's become very much a pioneer.

Ehm... yes. Read what I responded to, then it probably becomes a tad bit more clear.

hedur, thanks :flower:

Got it. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come through online.

I redirect what I said to the original poster.

Zachary Quinto on Coming Out: 'I Did It on My Own Terms, in My Own Time'

"Star Trek" and "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto dropped a bomb on entertainment news this weekend -- not with a bang, but a whimper. While doing press for his upcoming Wall Street thriller "Margin Call," Quinto addressed his recent stage role in "Angels in America," saying, "As a gay man, it made me feel like there's still so much work to be done, and there's still so many things that need to be looked at and addressed."

The actor later made a statement on his own web site, explaining the sudden revelation: "I ... made an It Gets Better video last year in the wake of the senseless and tragic gay teen suicides that were sweeping the nation at the time. But in light of Jamey [Rodemeyer's] death, it became clear to me in an instant that living a gay life without publicly acknowledging it is simply not enough."

"I didn't tell anybody I was going to do it," Quinto told us exclusively. "I did it on my own terms, in my own time, in my own words, and that is absolutely the type of relationship I want to have to that information. I did it because I recognized the way that it helped people, I did it because it was my time to do it, and yeah, it was definitely a deliberate choice to do it in that way."

We spoke to Quinto this afternoon and asked about his choice to announce his orientation quietly.

He added, "It was all very thought-out, nothing was hasty."

Though Quinto's decision to come out was itself a reaction to homophobia, he has no concerns that his sexuality will negatively impact his career. "Absolutely not. I feel like that whole issue needs to be looked at and addressed -- and the only way it's going to be looked at and addressed is if people are willing to stand up and defy expectation and that's certainly what I'm interested in doing, and willing to do and capable of doing. So that's my intention."

"To be a part of making that declaration in this society is something that I think is really important and felt an undeniable call within myself to do it now."

Quinto says he had no idea what to expect in terms of the impact the revelation would have. "But I was simply overwhelmed, and remain overwhelmed by the worldwide and unanimous outpouring of support and gratitude and encouragement that I've received. It's been incredibly humbling, but it also is incredibly empowering, and it shows me on a lot of levels that change is possible, and you know, within ourselves is where it has to start."

"That was a really encouraging part of the experience so far for me, as well."

Quinto appeared most recently in "What's Your Number?" with Anna Faris. "Margin Call" -- which he also produced -- opens Oct. 21. Stayed tuned for our full interview, where we tackle Occupy Wall street, "American Horror Story" and what's next for Spock.

nextmovie.com

I'm happy that he wasn't forced out like Neil Patrick Harris.

^ Yes by the A-HOLE known as Perez Hilton -

... in his attempt to out the actor, Hilton appealed to the readers of his site for photographs of Harris with other men, at one point writing, “Shame on you Doogie! Shame!!!” After Harris came out, Hilton wrote a gloating post: “We are so proud (despite the nay-sayers) in having a hand in bringing about change. We’ve said it before and we will say it again: the closet no longer exists if you are a celebrity or a politician!” He followed his statement with the names of a dozen celebrities he claims are gay.''

He also outed Lance Bass and always ragging on Jodie Foster for not coming out offically. He is an A-HOLE. I can't stand him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->