Zara F/W 2017.18 by Steven Meisel

This looks very similar to the previous campaign so I assume it's by Meisel indeed. Very promising, last season was flawless.

Faretta is killing the campaign season (as expected - that face!) but watching that little video, my eyes go straight to Lex. She's incredibly beautiful and haunting. Can't wait to see the shots.

This looks exactly like last season (even lex's pose), but I'm not mad. Last season was really flawless indeed.

Happy for Lex! She's stunning. And Faretta looks amazing, as usual.
I hope there's more girls tho. Looking forward to see the photos.

Looks like last season but that concept was executed excellently, and this looks good too so I'm interested to see the full campaign

Great preview, very simple yet promising, and the music sounds good!

Yay for Lex finally snatching a big one, well deserved. I'm all for a reprise, great stuff.

Can't post right now but the campaign is up on their website. Also includes Vittoria, Grace Elizabeth and Aira Ferreira. Looks amazing!!

^ here we are :smile:

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Styling: Karl Templer
Art Direction: Fabien Baron

zara

The campaign is great. Meisel makes everything look so expensive.
But the cast, as much as I love every girl here, should have been more diverse for a brand like Zara that has such a wide range of clients. Very happy for all the models who got it anyway, they all look flawless.

Last season was better but it's still very nice. I'm beyond tired of Vittoria and Faretta though and I agree that there should have been more diversity. There's only one very light skinned black model.

Man they just took that Dior collection and just ran with it huh...

It's a bit editorial-y but gorgeous pictures nonetheless

The campaign is great. Meisel makes everything look so expensive.
But the cast, as much as I love every girl here, should have been more diverse for a brand like Zara that has such a wide range of clients. Very happy for all the models who got it anyway, they all look flawless.
God....it's like if anything in fashion isn't a perfectly-filled-diversity-quota Benetton campaign everyone's gotta whine. This is partially why fashion isn't fun anymore...because people want it run like a government institution where everything is regulated to make everyone happy all the time - except when was the last time anyone had fun with anything the government ran? Like the DMV or the Post Office?...no thank you!

I have no issue with diversity, and the fact that I have to preemptively defend myself in that way is annoying, but I hate that in this constant haranguing for DIVERSITY, ultimately what you're looking for is everything to look the same. If everything has to be perfectly diverse, then everything will be identical. And from my experience, too, the diversity police are never satisfied. Ok - add the Asian and the Black model, here. Then just wait to hear someone whine about there not being a plus size model, a trans model, a disabled model, an elderly model......it never ends.

In regards to the images themselves - these are classic Meisel, but I find them less special that last season. That was really a great campaign. It was a strong cast, and more than anything, really interesting and compelling styling for such a commercial company. It looked so expensive and fashion and in a certain way, the clothes looked better than lots of what's out there on the runway. Maybe here, this season, I like it less since the clothes and accessories are just SO Maria x Dior looking (except these pieces actually look nicer that what's happening at that house...yikes!).

Wow, I'm actually impressed. I think this is even stronger than last season. They all look absolutely STUNNING. Especially Vittoria. (and this is coming from someone who doesnt even like her/she's actually my least favorite model in the cast) Her pictures got me speechless! :o

Is she the new Lexi to Meisel? Cuz he keeps shoving her in your throats, at every opportunity he has. Just stop.
An asian girl (young bae again or cong he) or a blonde (jess or jessie) in Vitto's place would have been a better fit. Too many white brunettes in this. At least last season had diversity.

Couldn't be happier for Aira! :woot: What a nice surprise! She doesn't look like herself tho. She looks like Mariana Santana and a bit of Ellen Rosa in motion. Anyway, she looks gorgeous.

Also happy for Lex (although she's the least impressive in this, imo) and wow, nice to see Grace again! I guess she's one of Meisel's new favorites, and I'm here for it, cuz she's amazing! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
God, Meisel makes Grace Elizabeth look completely amazing all the time.

Looks like Zara is the new Prada (LOL). Although the images are less impressive this season compared to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->