Zara Man F/W 2018.19 by Craig McDean

Plax

Reaction score
Zara F/W 2018 Campaign
Photographer: Craig McDean
Styling: Karl Templer
Hair: Guido Palau
Make Up: Susie Sobol
Model: Abdulaye Niang, Evan Mosshart, Ihor Liubchenko, Kendall Harrison, Simon Bornhall, Willow Barrett

Zara

We men, we don’t like to be shot by Meisel in a luxurious setting looking all regal and stuff.

No! We want to be shot in some abandoned harbour with the rest of our gang, looking all tough and moody.

I just can't for the love of God get behind the cut of these trousers, I look a pillock in them! Lol. Nothing is being sold to me here. The campaign would actually have been better without the excessive scowling going on with the guys.

Anyway, Zara seems to break their back to get the most high profile lensmen to shoot their brand. Won't give them any legitimacy. You still supply clothing off the backs of contemporary slaves!

I knew people were going to complain that Meisel didn't shoot the ad for the menswear as well.
Dreary campaign.

Zara's awful, their prices are far too high considerig their crap quality. No photographer will change that.

I just can't for the love of God get behind the cut of these trousers, I look a pillock in them! Lol. Nothing is being sold to me here. The campaign would actually have been better without the excessive scowling going on with the guys.

Anyway, Zara seems to break their back to get the most high profile lensmen to shoot their brand. Won't give them any legitimacy. You still supply clothing off the backs of contemporary slaves!

The rate for Meisel shooting top models for the women’s campaign is hardly going to break Zara’s back, Benn. The results are admittedly good enough— (although also not legitimate to be as well) when compared to the abysmal showing of most other blue chip campaigns this season/this era, but it’s hardly the brand of creativity and vision Meisel needed to make an effort at. Those of us who have been around for a while have seen this sort of concept before-- and done far superior. I remember a LuisaVia Roma webitorial that was vastly superior in execution than the current Zara women's campaign.

I like this men’s one… Or more precisely, boys campaign. I mean, Zara will never feature men— they know who their costumers are.

It’s a… good enough shoot ( the Basquiat hair makes it. Wished these weren’t such insufferable PC times in fashion, and the White guys also had the same hair). I like the hint of intimidation with the attitude and scowls LOL It’s a lot more welcoming than blank-faced twinks standing in front of a white seamless. With the kind of profits the Zara Empire rakes in, they can easily put more into their campaigns. But this “good enough” offering is the strongest I’ve seen from them to date.

(Still wouldn’t touch this stuff with a 100-mile pole.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->