Zoe Kazan

ChloeFrancoise

Reaction score
I haven't this person much yet but she was the Girl of the Month recently on whowhatweardaily and thought she was just the type of person I would actually start a thread for.

**dead link**

Last edited by a moderator:
Actress Zoe Kazan attends the New York premiere of 'It's Complicated' at The Paris Theatre on December 9, 2009 in New York City.

Getty Images

^^I loved her outfit. The dress is amazing, and the sandals are really nice^_^

Some more info about her for those of you interested:

According to a JustJared exclusive with Carey Mulligan, she and Zoe are best friends. See the related post in Carey's thread here: #407

And, Zoe's boyfriend is Paul Dano (Little Miss Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, etc.).

zoe_kazan.jpg

Girl Of The Month: Zoe Kazan

Our latest it girl, up-and-coming actress Zoe Kazan, might be living a modern fairy tale—done Hollywood style, of course. Her story is the stuff of dreams: respected family connections in the industry, talent galore, and a multitude of movies in production. Kazan’s lineage alone is enviable (her grandfather directed A Streetcar Named Desire), but when you also factor in the fact that Kazan plays Leonardo DiCaprio’s mistress in the upcoming Sam Mendes drama, Revolutionary Road, her life seems simply charmed. With these details in mind, along with a growing collection of photos representing Kazan’s playfully sophisticated style, we thought it more than fitting to showcase her as May’s Girl of the Month.

After having an engaging chat with Kazan last weekend, we learned she experienced a prominent shift in style a few years ago after moving from her LA hometown to “a place where no one highlights their hair.” The bleach-free environment Kazan is referring to is New Haven, specifically the prestigious Yale University where she studied theater and honed her acting craft. Since her relocation, Kazan went through an experimental stage involving big fur hats and combat boots before arriving at the refined looks shown above. While her personal style has matured, we like that Kazan still incorporates a sense of fun into her outfits, as she demonstrates via her choice of Rubin Singer’s Graffiti Print Piquet dress for the designer’s Fall 08 show.

Kazan’s fondness of color, admitted love of jumpsuits, and unlikely choice for a must-have accessory (a bicycle, see below) all stem from a creatively permissive upbringing, during which her screenwriters parents encouraged her to experiment with day-to-day attire. “I had a sort of Choose Your Own Adventure situation,” Kazan said referring to her childhood style. These days she derives wardrobe inspiration from rich sources like Patti Smith and Kazan’s favorite artists, including Edward Gorey, Egon Schiele, and her god-sister, Juliana Romano. The whimsical ways of Kazan's formative days are still present, as the actress admits that she still has a “penchant for anything that looks like Alice in Wonderland.”

Career-wise, things are shaping up nicely too. Kazan already has an impressive list of stage credits under her belt, including The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, the Ethan Hawke-directed Things We Want, and recently made her Broadway debut in Come Back, Little Sheba. In addition to her theater skills, Kazan has also spent significant time in front of the camera working on the aforementioned Revolutionary Road, as well as the upcoming Me and Orson Welles opposite Zac Efron, and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee with Winona Ryder, Julianne Moore, and Blake Lively—clearly she’s on the cusp. We look forward to seeing Kazan’s eminent success and have a feeling her story will end with a happily ever after. —JESSICA AMENTO

A few of Zoe’s favorite things...

Style muses: Patti Smith, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Anna Karina, Jane Birkin, Zelda Fitzgerald

Spring/Summer Accessory: Schwinn bicycle

Designers: Karen Walker, Isabel Marant, Marni, Catherine Malandrino, Zac Posen, Kay Unger, Narciso Rodriguez

Shops: (Los Angeles) Creatures of Comfort, Wasteland, Buffalo Exchange (New York) I Heart, Dear Fieldbinder, Hootie Couture

Magazines: The New Yorker, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Marie Claire

iPod Shuffle: Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Patti Smith, MGMT, Lavender Diamond, Neko Case, Dusty Springfield, Willy Nelson

Outfits and images, from left
1. Drama Desk Cocktail Reception
Dress: Vintage from Beacon's Closet Shoes: Steve Madden

2. “Things We Want” Off-Broadway Opening Night After Party
Dress: Karen Walker Shoes: Marni

3. Rubin Singer Fall 2008 Runway Show
Dress: Rubin Singer Graffiti Print Cotton Piquet Dress ($1250, available at Helen Yi, 733.252.3838) Shoes: Christian Louboutin

4. Lucille Lortel Awards
Dress: Vintage from Go Fish Top: Brooklyn Flea Market

5. “Come Back, Little Sheba” Broadway Opening Night After Party
Dress: Catherine Malandrino Clutch: TJ Maxx Shoes: Christian Louboutin

Photos courtesy of Wireimage (2nd and 3rd from left) and Getty Images (4th and 5th from left).
whowhatwear.com

Zoe with Paul Dano:
1-1.jpg
2-1.jpg

2a.jpg
2b.jpg

3-1.jpg
3a.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg

swotti.com, zimbio.com (3), exposay.com (2), theater.nytimes.com, broadwayworld.com, wireimage.com, yahoo.com, broadway.tv, imdb.com, aceshowbiz.com, posh24.com

More - but despite there beaing heaps more super cute images of them together, this is all I'm going to post. Google them if you want more.
a.jpg
a1.jpg

a2.jpg
b.jpg

c.jpg
d.jpg

e.jpg
f.jpg

g.jpg
h.jpg

i.jpg
k.jpg

l.jpg
n.jpg

zimbio.com (3), timessquaregossip.com, playbill.com, panacheprivee.com, guestofaguest.com (3), aaa-fashion.com, contactmusic.com, monstersandcritics.com, zimbio.com, celebritywonder.ugo.com

Actress Zoe Kazan attends the opening night of "Arcadia" on Broadway at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on March 17, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Arcadia+Broadway+Opening+Night+Arrivals+5bqDuQzOUFul.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Arcadia+Broadway+Opening+Night+Arrivals+UniYSLmRL2_l.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Arcadia+Broadway+Opening+Night+Arrivals+Iwjai6UYOXol.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Arcadia+Broadway+Opening+Night+Arrivals+9-oYWq897YMl.jpg

Actress Zoe Kazan attends the Cinema Society & Tommy Hilfiger screening of "happythankyoumoreplease" at Top of The Standard Hotel on March 2, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+ZPxozgY1vRMl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+Vdievxxp_lRl.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+68KB98-gV3Il.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+Y6QOwyy86lLl.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+GOwDH6D8tMyl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+bXZIkCvZk-Kl.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Tommy+Hilfiger+Host+pNAp9te09x9l.jpg

Zoe Kazan attends the "Angels In America: A Gay Fantasia On National Themes" opening night party at Pio Pio on October 28, 2010 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Angels+America+Gay+Fantasia+National+x8VEHo83UKEl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Angels+America+Gay+Fantasia+National+oyS5q765tj_l.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Angels+America+Gay+Fantasia+National+2Wmxy6-HamQl.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Angels+America+Gay+Fantasia+National+OGNnqQY5KcPl.jpg

zimbio.com

why's this thread so dead? :(

Actresses Zoe Kazan (L) and Anna Kendrick attend the annual Tribeca Film Festival Women Filmmaker Brunch hosted by the W Hotel New York - Downtown at the W Hotel New York - Downtown on April 25, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+W+Hotel+New+York+Downtown+Host+Annual+Jd54eCHSWIMl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+W+Hotel+New+York+Downtown+Host+Annual+lE2pUsXmqJWl.jpg

Actress Zoe Kazan attends the Tribeca Film Festival Awards hosted by the W Hotel Union Square at The W Hotel Union Square on April 28, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+W+Hotel+Union+Square+Hosts+Tribeca+K5XJarHdQUNl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+W+Hotel+Union+Square+Hosts+Tribeca+8u6Z-0czAtMl.jpg

Actors Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan attend the opening night of "Knickerbocker" at The Public Theater on May 19, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Knickerbocker+Opening+Night+Arrivals+pCvadrXVHh5l.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Knickerbocker+Opening+Night+Arrivals+LAiJH3J3EOil.jpg

Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan leave the "Through a Glass Darkly" opening night after party held at the Chinatown Brasserie in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Through+Glass+Darkly+Opening+Night+02UM04RBwkrl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Through+Glass+Darkly+Opening+Night+OJH7gstzG8El.jpg

Zoe Kazan and Carey Mulligan at the Junior Spring Benefit for the Lincoln Center Institute at the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York.
Zoe+Kazan+Carey+Mulligan+looks+demure+ladylike+5f6dufQF9oNl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Carey+Mulligan+looks+demure+ladylike+uqrhRA7nQdQl.jpg

zimbio.com

Actors Paul Dano (L) and Zoe Kazan attend the opening night premiere of "The Union" at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival at North Cove at World Financial Center Plaza on April 20, 2011 in New York City.
Paul+Dano+Opening+Night+Premiere+Union+2011+aB07sv4sN0Bl.jpg
Paul+Dano+Opening+Night+Premiere+Union+2011+gIPXMxevY69l.jpg

Actors Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan attend The Cinema Society & Nancy Gonzalez screening of "Meek's Cutoff" at Jimmy At The James Hotel on March 28, 2011 in New York City.
Paul+Dano+Cinema+Society+Nancy+Gonzalez+Host+0LBDg1t5IQbl.jpg

Juror Zoe Kazan attends the Juror Welcome Lunch At The 2011 Tribeca Film Festival at Tribeca Lofts on April 21, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Juror+Welcome+Lunch+2011+Tribeca+w3ODfbjr0Bsl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Juror+Welcome+Lunch+2011+Tribeca+01wlXaes-xjl.jpg

Actress Zoe Kazan attends the Scream 4 New York screening hosted by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson & Harvey Weinstein at the Crosby Street Hotel on April 12, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Scream+4+New+York+Screening+Hosted+SNDsTc68WVHl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Scream+4+New+York+Screening+Hosted+7MWB7JGkaQJl.jpg

Actress Zoe Kazan attends the Cynthia Vincent flagship store launch party at Don Hill's on March 30, 2011 in New York City.
Zoe+Kazan+Cynthia+Vincent+Flagship+Store+Launch+3evLPZjw9Dbl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Cynthia+Vincent+Flagship+Store+Launch+iI2ZDg0AAOol.jpg

Actresses Michelle Williams and Zoe Kazan attend The Cinema Society & Nancy Gonzalez screening of "Meek's Cutoff" at Landmark Sunshine Cinema on March 28, 2011 in New York City.

Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Nancy+Gonzalez+Host+RDcgvRQ9Xuhl.jpg

Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Nancy+Gonzalez+Host+z7z1aiR51wRl.jpg
Zoe+Kazan+Cinema+Society+Nancy+Gonzalez+Host+LXAcgmZpFJLl.jpg

zimbio.com

I really like her style, and she makes such an adorable couple with Paul Dano.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

And of course she is Hollywood Royalty, the granddaughter of the great director Kazan, who worked with the amazing Brando and made some of cinemas greatest masterpieces!!!!!!!!

i like her style too, it's natural and cute, seems she doesn't put much thought in it, which i like cus she has taste in my eyes. :smile:

Ruby Sparks premiere in Balenciaga

NY "Ruby Sparks" screening

My Week With Marilyn premiere

zimbio

It's nice to see a star with a lower profile who hasn't let a stylist turn their style into something generic. She clearly retains her own identity that is aligned with what she described in her WhoWhatWear interview on the previous page. When stars do that, even when the garment isn't my favorite (like the black dress with the white stripe down it) it still works. I adore the black lace dress on her. She and Paul are the coolest couple.

I love the dress she wore to the screening. Despite the length, it doesn't seem to swamp her considering how petite she is. Adorable.

And the Balenciaga gown she wore to the premiere is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->